An insider's view of the political economy of the too big to fail doctrine
An explanation of the relationship between interbank exposure and the too big to fail doctrine, with an examination of the interbank exposure of U.S. banks between March 1984 and March 1990.
|Date of creation:||1990|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daria B. Caliguire & James B. Thomson, 1987. "FDIC policies for dealing with failed and troubled institutions," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Oct.
- James B. Thomson, 1990. "Using market incentives to reform bank regulation and federal deposit insurance," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 28-40.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Roberts, Gordon S, 1993. "Canadian Banking Solvency, 1922-1940," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 361-76, August.
- Jack Guttentag & Richard Herring, 1988. "Prudential supervision to manage systemic vulnerability," Proceedings 217, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1989. "Pooling intensifies joint failure risk: abstract," Proceedings 249, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Walker F. Todd, 1988. "Lessons of the past and prospects for the future in lender of last resort theory," Working Paper 8805, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Walker F. Todd, 1988. "Lessons of the past and prospects for the future in lender of last resort theory," Proceedings 215, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Schuker, S.A., 1988. "American "Reparations" To Germany, 1919-33: Implication For The Third World Debt Crisi," Princeton Studies in International Economics 61, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- E.J. Stevens, 1989. "Payment system risk issues," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Jun.
- Claudia Campbell & Hyman P. Minsky, 1987. "How to get off the back of a tiger, or, do initial conditions constrain deposit insurance reform?," Proceedings 158, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Thomas M. Humphrey, 1989. "Lender of last resort: the concept in history," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Mar, pages 8-16.
- anonymous, 1987. "Large-dollar payment flows from New York," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Win, pages 6-13.
- Edward J. Kane, 1989. "How Incentive-Incompatible Deposit-Insurance Funds Fail," NBER Working Papers 2836, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence Kryzanowski & Gordon S. Roberts, 1989. "The performance of the Canadian banking system, 1920-1940," Proceedings 236, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwp:9017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.