FDICIA's emergency liquidity provisions
An exploration of the change in standards for Federal Reserve discount window access by nonbanks encompassed in the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act of 1991 (FDICIA), concluding that although it retrenched the federal financial safety net for undercapitalized insured depository institutions, the provision effectively expanded the safety net for uninsured nonbanks, irrespective of their capital or net worth positions.
Volume (Year): (1993)
Issue (Month): Q III ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Larry D. Wall, 2010.
"Too-big-to-fail after FDICIA,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Christopher J. Pike & James B. Thomson, 1992. "FDICIA's prompt corrective action provisions," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Sep.
- Anna J. Schwartz, 1992. "The misuse of the Fed's discount window," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 58-69.
- Thomas H. Humphrey & Robert E. Keleher, 1984. "The Lender of Last Resort; A Historical Perspective," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 4(1), pages 275-321, Spring/Su.
- Walker F. Todd, 1988. "Lessons of the past and prospects for the future in lender of last resort theory," Working Paper 8805, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- William R. Keeton, 1992. "The Reconstruction Finance Corporation: would it work today?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 33-54.
- Thomas M. Humphrey & Robert E. Keleher, 1984. "The lender of last resort : a historical perspective," Working Paper 84-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Maxwell J. Fry, 1993. "The Fiscal Abuse of Central Banks," IMF Working Papers 93/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Walker F. Todd, 1988. "Lessons of the past and prospects for the future in lender of last resort theory," Proceedings 215, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcer:y:1993:i:qiii:p:16-23:n:v.29no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.