FDICIA's emergency liquidity provisions
An exploration of the change in standards for Federal Reserve discount window access by nonbanks encompassed in the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Improvement Act of 1991 (FDICIA), concluding that although it retrenched the federal financial safety net for undercapitalized insured depository institutions, the provision effectively expanded the safety net for uninsured nonbanks, irrespective of their capital or net worth positions.
Volume (Year): (1993)
Issue (Month): Q III ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1455 East 6th St., Cleveland OH 44114|
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William R. Keeton, 1992. "The Reconstruction Finance Corporation: would it work today?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 33-54.
- Larry D. Wall, 2010.
"Too-big-to-fail after FDICIA,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Larry D. Wall, 1993. "Too-big-to-fail after FDICIA," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Jan, pages 1-14.
- Walker F. Todd, 1988. "Lessons of the past and prospects for the future in lender of last resort theory," Working Paper 8805, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Maxwell J. Fry, 1993. "The Fiscal Abuse of Central Banks," IMF Working Papers 93/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Christopher J. Pike & James B. Thomson, 1992. "FDICIA's prompt corrective action provisions," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Sep.
- Thomas M. Humphrey & Robert E. Keleher, 1984. "The lender of last resort : a historical perspective," Working Paper 84-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Walker F. Todd, 1988. "Lessons of the past and prospects for the future in lender of last resort theory," Proceedings 215, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Anna J. Schwartz, 1992. "The misuse of the Fed's discount window," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 58-69.
- Thomas H. Humphrey & Robert E. Keleher, 1984. "The Lender of Last Resort; A Historical Perspective," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 4(1), pages 275-321, Spring/Su. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcer:y:1993:i:qiii:p:16-23:n:v.29no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.