History of and rationales for the Reconstruction Finance Corporation
An analysis of the lessons learned from the 1930s financial rescue mechanism, the Reconstruction Finance Corporation, and a comparison of its structure to that of today's Resolution Trust Corporation.
Volume (Year): (1992)
Issue (Month): Q IV ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1455 East 6th St., Cleveland OH 44114|
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles W. Calomiris, 1993. "Financial Factors in the Great Depression," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 61-85, Spring.
- Ronnie Phillips, 1992. "The 'Chicago Plan' and New Deal Banking Reform," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_76, Levy Economics Institute.
- Alan Greenspan, 1989. "Statement by Alan Greenspan," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 2(1), pages 31-34.
- Anna J. Schwartz, 1992. "The misuse of the Fed's discount window," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 58-69.
- Beryl Wayne Sprinkel, 1952. "Economic Consequences of the Operations of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 211.
- George G. Kaufman, 1992. "Bank contagion: theory and evidence," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation 92-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Christopher J. Pike & James B. Thomson, 1991. "The RTC and the escalating costs of the thrift insurance mess," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue May, pages -.
- Butkiewicz James L., 1995. "The Impact of a Lender of Last Resort during the Great Depression: The Case of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 197-216, April.
- William R. Keeton, 1992. "The Reconstruction Finance Corporation: would it work today?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 33-54.
- Walker F. Todd, 1988. "Lessons of the past and prospects for the future in lender of last resort theory," Working Paper 8805, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Walker F. Todd, 1988. "Lessons of the past and prospects for the future in lender of last resort theory," Proceedings 215, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcer:y:1992:i:qiv:p:22-35:n:v.28no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.