History of and rationales for the Reconstruction Finance Corporation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William R. Keeton, 1992. "The Reconstruction Finance Corporation: would it work today?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 33-54.
- George G. Kaufman, 1992. "Bank contagion: theory and evidence," Working Paper Series, Issues in Financial Regulation 92-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Walker F. Todd, 1988. "Lessons of the past and prospects for the future in lender of last resort theory," Working Paper 8805, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ronnie Phillips, 1992. "The 'Chicago Plan' and New Deal Banking Reform," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_76, Levy Economics Institute.
- Walker F. Todd, 1988. "Lessons of the past and prospects for the future in lender of last resort theory," Proceedings 215, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Christopher J. Pike & James B. Thomson, 1991. "The RTC and the escalating costs of the thrift insurance mess," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue May.
- Butkiewicz James L., 1995. "The Impact of a Lender of Last Resort during the Great Depression: The Case of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 197-216, April.
- Beryl Wayne Sprinkel, 1952. "Economic Consequences of the Operations of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 211-211.
- Anna J. Schwartz, 1992. "The misuse of the Fed's discount window," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 58-69.
- Alan Greenspan, 1989. "Statement by Alan Greenspan," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 2(1), pages 31-34.
- Charles W. Calomiris, 1993. "Financial Factors in the Great Depression," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 61-85, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ben R. Craig & William E. Jackson & James B. Thomson, 2007. "On government intervention in the small-firm credit market and its effect on economic performance," Working Paper 0702, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2013. "The Federal Reserve and Panic Prevention: The Roles of Financial Regulation and Lender of Last Resort," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 27(4), pages 45-64, Fall.
- Torres, Ernani & Zeidan, Rodrigo, 2016. "The life-cycle of national development banks: The experience of Brazil's BNDES," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 97-104.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2004.
"Liquidity, Efficiency, and Bank Bailouts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 455-483, June.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Liquidity, Efficiency and Bank Bailouts," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-33, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary Gorton & Lixin Huang, 2002. "Liquidity, Efficiency and Bank Bailouts," NBER Working Papers 9158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:81:y:2017:i:c:p:50-64 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben Craig & William Jackson & James Thomson, 2008. "Credit market failure intervention: Do government sponsored small business credit programs enrich poorer areas?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 345-360, April.
- Ben R. Craig & William E. Jackson & James B. Thomson, 2006. "Small firm credit market discrimination, SBA-guaranteed lending, and local market economic performance," Working Paper 0613, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- William E.Jackson, III & Ben R. Craig & James B. Thompson, 2006. "Does Small Business Administration guaranteed lending improve economic performance in low–income areas?," Proceedings: Community Affairs Dept. Conferences, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jul, pages 55-85.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcer:y:1992:i:qiv:p:22-35:n:v.28no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbclus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.