Lender of last resort: the concept in history
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steelman, Aaron & Weinberg, John A., 2015. "The Financial Crisis: Toward an Explanation and Policy Response," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue 1Q, pages 5-21.
- Xavier Freixas, 2009. "Monetary policy in a systemic crisis," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(4), pages 630-653, Winter.
- repec:fip:fedreq:00051 is not listed on IDEAS
- Smeets Heinz-Dieter & Schmid Anita, 2014. "Europäische Staatsschuldenkrise, Lender of last resort und Bankenunion / European sovereign debt crisis, lender of last resort and banking union," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 65(1), pages 47-74, January.
- Eric Maskin & Chenggang Xu, 2001.
"Soft budget constraint theories: From centralization to the market,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Maskin, Eric & Xu, Cheng-Gang, 2001. "Soft Budget Constraint Theories: From Centralization to the Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 2715, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- George G. Kaufman, 1998. "Central banks, asset bubbles, and financial stability," Working Paper Series WP-98-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Smith, R. Todd & van Egteren, Henry, 2005. "Interest rate smoothing and financial stability," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 147-171.
- Walker F. Todd & James B. Thomson, 1990. "An insider's view of the political economy of the too big to fail doctrine," Working Paper 9017, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno Maria Parigi, 2008. "Lender of Last Resort and Bank Closure Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2286, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marc Dobler & Simon T Gray & Diarmuid Murphy & Bozena Radzewicz-Bak, 2016. "The Lender of Last Resort Function after the Global Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 16/10, International Monetary Fund.
- Rötheli, Tobias F., 2010. "Causes of the financial crisis: Risk misperception, policy mistakes, and banks' bounded rationality," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 119-126, April.
- Joseph Massil & Sandrine Kablan & Jacques Landry, 2018.
"Does Central Bank’s maturity matter for economic growth?
[La maturité des Banques Centrales influence -t-elle la croissance économique ?]," Working Papers halshs-01828496, HAL.
- Esther Jeffers, 2009. "Action du prêteur en dernier ressort : qu’avons-nous appris lors de cette crise ?," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 94(1), pages 241-249.
- Goodhart, Charles A.E. & Huang, Haizhou, 2005. "The lender of last resort," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1059-1082, May.
- Vitor Gaspar, 2014. "The Making of a Continental Financial System; Lessons for Europe from Early American History," IMF Working Papers 14/183, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1998. "The financial crisis of 1825 and the restructuring of the British financial system - commentary," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 77-82.
- Jeffers, Esther, 2010. "The lender of last resort concept: from Bagehot to the crisis of 2007," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 8.
- Arie Arnon, 2007. "The Early Round Of The Bullionist Debate 1800-1802: Boyd, Baring And Thornton’S Innovative Ideas," Working Papers 0714, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Aaron Steelman & John A. Weinberg, 2008. "The financial crisis : toward an explanation and policy response. 2008 annual report of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond," Annual Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, pages 4-19.
More about this item
KeywordsLenders of last resort ; Banks and banking; Central ; Banks and banking - History;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedrer:y:1989:i:mar:p:8-16:n:v.75no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Pascasio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbrius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.