Country adjustment to a ‘sudden stop’: Does the euro make a difference?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Daniel Gros & Cinzia Alcidi, 2015. "Country adjustment to a ‘sudden stop’: does the euro make a difference?," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 5-20, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Timo Wollmershäuser, 2012.
"Target loans, current account balances and capital flows: the ECB’s rescue facility,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(4), pages 468-508, August.
- Hans-Werner Sinn & Timo Wollmershaeuser, 2011. "Target Loans, Current Account Balances and Capital Flows: The ECB's Rescue Facility," NBER Working Papers 17626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2012. "Target loans, current account balances and capital flows: The ECB’s rescue facility," Munich Reprints in Economics 19556, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Mayer, Thomas & Gros, Daniel, 2011. "Debt reduction without default?," CEPS Papers 4150, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Romain Bouis & Romain Duval, 2011. "Raising Potential Growth After the Crisis: A Quantitative Assessment of the Potential Gains from Various Structural Reforms in the OECD Area and Beyond," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 835, OECD Publishing.
- Silvia Merler & Jean Pisani-Ferry, 2012. "Sudden Stops in the Euro Area," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 3(3).
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Spaventa, Luigi, 2010.
"Why the current account may matter in a monetary union: Lessons from the financial crisis in the Euro area,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8008, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Luigi Spaventa, 2011. "Why the current account may matter in a monetary union. Lesson from the financial crisis in the Euro area," Working Papers 426, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Bergljot B Barkbu & Jesmin Rahman & Rodrigo O. Valdes, 2012. "Fostering Growth in Europe Now," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 12/07, International Monetary Fund.
- Daniel Gros & Cinzia Alcidi, 2011. "euro zone crisis 2010," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Palgrave Macmillan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael A. Stemmer, 2017.
"Revisiting Finance and Growth in Transition Economies - A Panel Causality Approach,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
17022, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Michael Stemmer, 2017. "Revisiting Finance and Growth in Transition Economies - A Panel Causality Approach," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01524462, HAL.
- Philip R. Lane, 2014.
"International Financial Flows and the Irish Crisis,"
Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 15(2), pages 14-19, April.
- Philip R. Lane, 2014. "International Financial Flows and the Irish Crisis," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp444, IIIS.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0482 is not listed on IDEAS
- Herrmann, Sabine & Jochem, Axel, 2013. "Current account adjustment in EU countries: Does euro-area membership make a difference?," Discussion Papers 49/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:338-345 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ansgar Belke & Daniel Gros & Alcidi Cinzia & Leonor Coutinho & Alessandro Giovannini, 2014. "Exit State-of-play in Implementing Macroeconomic Adjustment Programmes in the Euro Area," ROME Working Papers 201405, ROME Network.
- Cavallo, Eduardo A. & Fernández-Arias, Eduardo & Powell, Andrew, 2014.
"Is the Euro-zone on the Mend? Latin American examples to analyze the Euro question,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 243-257.
- Eduardo A. Cavallo & Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Andrew Powell, 2014. "Is the Eurozone on the Mend? Latin American Examples to Analyze the Euro Question," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 85655, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Schoenmaker, Dirk & Wierts, Peter, 2015. "Regulating the financial cycle: An integrated approach with a leverage ratio," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 70-72.
- Dirk Schoenmaker & Peter Wierts, 2015. "Regulating the Financial Cycle: An Integrated Approach with a Leverage Ratio," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-057/IV/DSF93, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lane, Philip R., 2015. "Macro-Financial Stability under EMU," CEPR Discussion Papers 10776, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:bla:jcmkts:v:55:y:2017:i::p:133-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:jicepx:v:08:y:2017:i:03:n:s1793993317500168 is not listed on IDEAS
- Valentina Milano, 2017. "Risk Sharing in the Euro Zone: the Role of European Institutions," Working Papers CELEG 1701, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Philip R. Lane, 2015. "Macro-Financial Stability under EMU," Trinity Economics Papers tep0615, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Gelman, Maria & Jochem, Axel & Reitz, Stefan, 2016. "Transmission of global financial shocks to EMU member states: The role of monetary policy and national factors," Discussion Papers 23/2016, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Gros, Daniel & Alcidi, Cinzia & Belke, Ansgar & Coutinho, Leonor & Giovannini, Alessandro, 2014. "State-of-Play in Implementing Macroeconomic Adjustment Programmes in the Euro Area," Ruhr Economic Papers 482, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Gros, Daniel & Alcidi, Cinzia & Belke, Ansgar & Coutinho, Leonor & Giovannini, Alessandro, 2014. "State-of-play in implementing macroeconomic adjustment programmes in the euro area," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100407, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Daniel Gros & Cinzia Alcidi & Ansgar Belke & Leonor Coutinho & Alessandro Giovannini, 2014. "State-of-Play in Implementing Macroeconomic Adjustment Programmes in the Euro Area," Ruhr Economic Papers 0482, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Eloísa Ortega & Juan Peñalosa, 2013. "Some Thoughts On The Spanish Economy After Five Years Of Crisis," Occasional Papers 1304, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Esposito, Piero & Messori, Marcello, 2016. "Improved Structural Competitiveness or Deep Recession? On the recent macroeconomic rebalances in the EMU," SEP Working Papers 2016/3, LUISS School of European Political Economy.
- Benjamin Schwanebeck, 2017. "Unconventional Monetary Policy in a Financially Heterogeneous Monetary Union," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201741, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Marta Rubio-Codina & Orazio Attanasio & Costas Meghir & Natalia Varela & Sally Grantham-McGregor, 2015. "The Socioeconomic Gradient of Child Development: Cross-Sectional Evidence from Children 6–42 Months in Bogota," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(2), pages 464-483.
- Marta Rubio Codina & Orazio Attanasio & Costas Meghir & Natalia Varela & Sally Grantham-McGregor, 2014. "The socio-economic gradient of child development: cross-sectional evidence from children 6-42 months in Bogota," IFS Working Papers W14/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Eduardo A. Cavallo & Eduardo Fernández-Arias & Andrew Powell, 2014. "Is the Eurozone on the Mend? Latin American Examples to Analyze the Euro Question," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6553, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-06-09 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2013-06-09 (European Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2013-06-09 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2013-06-09 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-06-09 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2013-06-09 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:euf:ecopap:0492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ECFIN INFO). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dg2ecbe.html .