Economic Growth of Japan and the United States in the Information Age
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Productivity, R&D, and the Data Constraint," NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 347-374 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Price Statistics Division, 2001. "Quality Adjustment of Price Indexes -- Wholesale Price Index and Corporate Service Price Index: The Current Situation and Future Implications," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series Research and Statistics D, Bank of Japan.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik. & Hitt, Lorin M., 1994.
"Information technology as a factor of production : the role of differences among firms,"
3715-94. CCSTR ; #173., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin Hitt, 1997. "Information Technology as a Factor of Production: The Role of Differences Among Firms," Working Paper Series 201, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Mun S. Ho & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2005.
"Growth of U.S. Industries and Investments in Information Technology and Higher Education,"
NBER Chapters,in: Measuring Capital in the New Economy, pages 403-478
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dale Jorgenson & Mun Ho & Kevin Stiroh, 2003. "Growth of US Industries and Investments in Information Technology and Higher Education," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 279-325.
- Susanto Basu, 1996.
"Procyclical Productivity: Increasing Returns or Cyclical Utilization?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 719-751.
- Susanto Basu, 1995. "Procyclical Productivity: Increasing Returns or Cyclical Utilization?," NBER Working Papers 5336, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jorgenson, Dale W. & Ho, Mun S. & Stiroh, Kevin J., 2003. "Lessons from the US growth resurgence," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 453-470, July.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2000.
"Raising the Speed Limit: U.S. Economic Growth in the Information Age,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(1), pages 125-236.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2000. "Raising the Speed Limit: US Economic Growth in the Information Age," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 261, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorgenson, Dale W., 2005. "Les technologies de l’information et les économies du G7," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 81(1), pages 15-45, Mars-Juin.
- Keiko Ito & Kyoji Fukao, 2005.
"Physical and Human Capital Deepening and New Trade Patterns in Japan,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Trade in East Asia, NBER-East Asia Seminar on Economics, Volume 14, pages 7-52
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kyoji Fukao & Keiko Ito, 2003. "Physical and Human Capital Deepening and New Trade Patterns in Japan," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d03-03, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kyoji Fukao & Keiko Ito, 2004. "Physical and Human Capital Deepening and New Trade Patterns in Japan," Discussion papers 04002, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Keiko Ito & Kyoji Fukao, 2004. "Physical and Human Capital Deepening and New Trade Patterns in Japan," NBER Working Papers 10209, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kobayashi, Keiichiro, 2007. "Payment Uncertainty And The Productivity Slowdown," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 231-248, April.
- Escudero, Verónica & López Mourelo, Elva, 2012. "Improving Competitiveness and Fostering Productivity in Spain/Mejorar la competitividad y fomentar la productividad en España," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 30, pages 105-136, Abril.
- Keiichiro Kobayashi, 2006.
"Payment uncertainty, the division of labor, and productivity declines in great depressions,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 9(4), pages 715-741, October.
- Keiichiro Kobayashi, 2004. "Payment Uncertainty, the division of labor, and productivity declines in great depressions," Discussion papers 04037, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Miyagawa, Tsutomu & Ito, Yukiko & Harada, Nobuyuki, 2004. "The IT revolution and productivity growth in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 362-389, September.
- Shuzo Ueda & Kazuo Ogawa, 2012. "On the cost-reducing effects of embodied technical progress: a panel study of the steel industry in Japan," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 141-153, April.
- B.K. Atrostic & Kazuyuki Motohashi & Sang Nguyen, 2008. "Computer Network Use and Firms' Productivity Performance: The United States vs. Japan," Working Papers 08-30, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2004-03-28 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2004-03-28 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-MAC-2004-03-28 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:03015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (KUMAGAI, Akiko). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .