Estimating Demand for Infrastructure in Energy, Transport, Telecommunications, Water and Sanitation in Asia and the Pacific: 2010-2020
This paper estimates the need for infrastructure investment, including energy, transport, telecommunications, water, and sanitation during 2010-2020, in order to meet growing demands for services and facilitate further rapid growth in the region. By using â€œtop-downâ€ and â€œbottom-upâ€ approaches, this paper provides a comprehensive estimate of Asiaâ€™s need for infrastructure services. The estimates show that developing countries in Asia require financing of US$776 billion per year for national (US$747 billion) and regional (US$29 billion) infrastructure during 2010-2020 to meet growing demand. [ADBI Working Paper 248]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Somchai Jitsuchon, 2010. "Fiscal Policy Issues in Thailand after the Current Economic Crisis," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 6(4), pages 741-768, April.
- Geest, Willem van der & Nunez-Ferrer, Jorge, 2011. "Managing Multinational Infrastructure: An analysis of EU Institutional Structures and Best Practices," ADBI Working Papers 296, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Kazuyuki Sugimoto, 2010. "A Study on Fiscal Policy Challenges in Japan," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 6(4), pages 625-644, April.
- Biswa Nath Bhattacharyay, 2010.
"Institutions For Asian Connectivity,"
Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 309-335.
- Bhattacharyay, Biswa, 2010. "Institutions for Asian Connectivity," ADBI Working Papers 220, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Biswa Nath Bhattacharyay, 2010. "Institutions for Asian Connectivity," Governance Working Papers 21871, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Biswa N Bhattacharyay, 2010. "Institutions for Asian Connectivity," Working Papers id:2646, eSocialSciences.
- World Bank, 2009. "World Development Indicators 2009," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4367, July.
- Asian Development Bank & World Bank & Japan Bank for International Cooperation, 2005. "Connecting East Asia : A New Framework for Infrastructure," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7267, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)