Estimating Demand for Infrastructure in Energy, Transport, Telecommunications, Water and Sanitation in Asia and the Pacific: 2010-2020
This paper estimates the need for infrastructure investment, including energy, transport, telecommunications, water, and sanitation during 2010-2020, in order to meet growing demands for services and facilitate further rapid growth in the region. By using â€œtop-downâ€ and â€œbottom-upâ€ approaches, this paper provides a comprehensive estimate of Asiaâ€™s need for infrastructure services. The estimates show that developing countries in Asia require financing of US$776 billion per year for national (US$747 billion) and regional (US$29 billion) infrastructure during 2010-2020 to meet growing demand. [ADBI Working Paper 248]
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kazuyuki Sugimoto, 2010. "A Study on Fiscal Policy Challenges in Japan," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 6(4), pages 625-644, April.
- Biswa N Bhattacharyay, 2010.
"Institutions for Asian Connectivity,"
- Biswa Nath Bhattacharyay, 2010. "Institutions For Asian Connectivity," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 309-335.
- Somchai Jitsuchon, 2010. "Fiscal Policy Issues in Thailand after the Current Economic Crisis," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 6(4), pages 741-768, April.
- Asian Development Bank & World Bank & Japan Bank for International Cooperation, 2005. "Connecting East Asia : A New Framework for Infrastructure," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7267.
- Geest, Willem van der & Nunez-Ferrer, Jorge, 2011. "Managing Multinational Infrastructure: An analysis of EU Institutional Structures and Best Practices," ADBI Working Papers 296, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- World Bank, 2009. "World Development Indicators 2009," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 4367.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.