Examining the Nonlinear Effects in Satisfaction-Loyalty-Behavioral Intentions Model
Extant research has widely investigated linear functional forms in satisfaction and loyalty models. In this study with the use of nonlinear form, the relationship between satisfaction, attitudinal loyalty, purchase loyalty and customer behavioral intentions, such as willingness to pay more and external and internal complaining responses in the context of business-to-consumer e-commerce, has been discussed. It has found modest empirical support for nonlinear effects in the relationship. Results support nonlinearity only in the case of attitudinal loyalty to internal complaining response link. Results also present evidence about the mediating role of attitudinal loyalty in the relationship between satisfaction, purchase loyalty, willingness to pay more and internal complaining responses. [W.P. No.2007-11-01]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eugene W. Anderson & Mary W. Sullivan, 1993. "The Antecedents and Consequences of Customer Satisfaction for Firms," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 125-143.
- Sandra Streukens & Ko de Ruyter, 2004. "Reconsidering Nonlinearity and Asymmetry in Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty Models: An Empirical Study in Three Retail Service Settings," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 15(2_3), pages 99-111, 07.
- Sunder Kekre & Mayuram S. Krishnan & Kannan Srinivasan, 1995. "Drivers of Customer Satisfaction for Software Products: Implications for Design and Service Support," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(9), pages 1456-1470, September.
- Evanschitzky, Heiner & Iyer, Gopalkrishnan R. & Plassmann, Hilke & Niessing, Joerg & Meffert, Heribert, 2006. "The relative strength of affective commitment in securing loyalty in service relationships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(12), pages 1207-1213, November.
- Rauyruen, Papassapa & Miller, Kenneth E., 2007. "Relationship quality as a predictor of B2B customer loyalty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 21-31, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2790. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.