The Japanese Economy and Economic Policy in Light of the East Asian Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ramkishen S. Rajan, 1998. "The Japanese Economy and Economic Policy in Light of the East Asian Financial Crisis," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22382, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Suzuki, Yoshio, 1996. "The main issues facing Japan's economy," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 353-360, September.
- Takao Kawakita, 1996. "What the Central Bank Can and Cannot Do," Japanese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(5), pages 33-70.
- Barro, Robert J, 1989. "The Ricardian Approach to Budget Deficits," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 37-54, Spring.
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584-584.
- Robert P. Flood & Mark P. Taylor, 1996. "Exchange Rate Economics: What's Wrong with the Conventional Macro Approach?," NBER Chapters,in: The Microstructure of Foreign Exchange Markets, pages 261-302 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John G. Fernald & Hali J. Edison & Prakash Loungani, 1998. "Was China the first domino? assessing links between China and the rest of emerging Asia," International Finance Discussion Papers 604, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- ., 1998. "Neurath, Otto," Chapters,in: The Handbook of Economic Methodology, chapter 78 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Morris Goldstein & John Hawkins, 1998. "The Origin of the Asian Financial Turmoil," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9805, Reserve Bank of Australia.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anisha Sabhlok, 2010. "The Evolution of Singapore Business: A Case Study Approach," Working Papers id:2818, eSocialSciences.
- Ramkishen Rajan, 1998. "Restraints On Capital Flows : What Are They?," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22383, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsEast Asian; financial crisis; policy-makers; revitalise; Japanese economy; nominal interest rates; expansionary monetary policy; inflationary expectations; inflation rate;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2010-07-31 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SEA-2010-07-31 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2695. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.