The History of an Inferior Good: Beer Consumption in Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schneider, Lynne & Klein, Benjamin & Murphy, Kevin M, 1981.
"Governmental Regulation of Cigarette Health Information,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 575-612, December.
- Benjamin Klein & Kevin M. Murphy & Lynne Schneider, 1981. "Governmental REgualtion of Cigarette Health Information," UCLA Economics Working Papers 200, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 2002.
"The Rise of Mass Consumption Societies,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(5), pages 1035-1070, October.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 1999. "The Rise of Mass Consumption Societies," Discussion Papers 1289, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 2000. "The Rise of Mass Consumption Societies," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 23, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Matsuyama, Kiminori, 2000. "The rise of mass consumption societies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6656, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Donald G. Freeman, 2000. "Alternative Panel Estimates of Alcohol Demand, Taxation, and the Business Cycle," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 325-344, July.
- Gallet, Craig A. & List, John A., 1998. "Elasticities of beer demand revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 67-71, October.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Wilhelm Ruprecht, 2005. "The historical development of the consumption of sweeteners - a learning approach," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 247-272, August.
- Kenneth Clements & Wana Yang & Simon Zheng, 1997. "Is utility additive? The case of alcohol," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1163-1167.
- Joni Hersch & W. Kip Viscusi, 1990. "Cigarette Smoking, Seatbelt Use, and Differences in Wage-Risk Tradeoffs," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(2), pages 202-227.
- Saroja Selvanathan & Eliyathamby Selvanathan, 2007. "Another look at the identical tastes hypothesis on the analysis of cross-country alcohol data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 185-215, April.
- Gallet, Craig A., 2007.
"The demand for alcohol: a meta-analysis of elasticities,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(2), June.
- Craig A. Gallet, 2007. "The demand for alcohol: a meta-analysis of elasticities," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 51(2), pages 121-135, June.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Evans, William N, 1990. "Utility Functions That Depend on Health Status: Estimates and Economic Implications," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 353-374, June.
- S. Selvanathan & E.A. Selvanathan, 2005. "Empirical Regularities in Cross-Country Alcohol Consumption," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(s1), pages 128-142, August.
- Freeman, Donald G., 1999. "A note on 'Economic conditions and alcohol problems'," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 659-668, October.
- Craig Gallet, 1999. "Gradual switching regression estimates of alcohol demand elasticities," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(6), pages 377-379.
- Brenner, M. Harvey & Mooney, Anne, 1983. "Unemployment and health in the context of economic change," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(16), pages 1125-1138, January.
- Blundell, Richard & Pashardes, Panos & Weber, Guglielmo, 1993. "What Do We Learn About Consumer Demand Patterns from Micro Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 570-597, June.
- Ohtani, Kazuhiro & Kakimoto, Sumio & Abe, Kenzo, 1990. "A gradual switching regression model with a flexible transition path," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 43-48, January.
- Jon Nelson, 2003. "Advertising Bans, Monopoly, and Alcohol Demand: Testing for Substitution Effects using State Panel Data," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 22(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Bratina Danijel & Faganel Armand, 2008. "Forecasting the Primary Demand for a Beer Brand Using Time Series Analysis," Organizacija, Sciendo, vol. 41(3), pages 116-124, May.
- E. A. Selvanathan & S. Selvanathan, 2004. "Economic and demographic factors in Australian alcohol demand," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(21), pages 2405-2417.
- Alexander Konnopka & Hans-Helmut König, 2007. "Direct and Indirect Costs Attributable to Alcohol Consumption in Germany," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 25(7), pages 605-618, July.
- James Fogarty, 2004. "The Own-Price Elasticity of Alcohol: A Meta-Analysis," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 04-01, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Durlauf, Steven N & Phillips, Peter C B, 1988.
"Trends versus Random Walks in Time Series Analysis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1333-1354, November.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1986. "Trends Versus Random Walks in Time Series Analysis," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 788, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Saroja Selvanathan, 2006. "How similar are alcohol drinkers? International evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(12), pages 1353-1362.
- Jon Nelson, 2010. "Alcohol advertising bans, consumption and control policies in seventeen OECD countries, 1975-2000," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(7), pages 803-823.
- Ulrich Witt, 2001. "special issue: Learning to consume - A theory of wants and the growth of demand," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 23-36.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreas Chai, 2017. "Tackling Keynes’ question: a look back on 15 years of Learning To Consume," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 251-271, April.
More about this item
KeywordsBeer demand; Inferior goods; Gradual switching regression;
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2013-02-08 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HIS-2013-02-08 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IND-2013-02-08 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esi:evopap:2012-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christoph Mengs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .