Deciphering Corporate Governance and Environmental Commitments among Southeast Asian Transnationals: Uptake of Sustainability Certification
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Marc Roda & Norfaryanti Kamaruddin & Rafael Palhiarim Tobias, 2015. "Deciphering Corporate Governance and Environmental Commitments among Southeast Asian Transnationals: Uptake of Sustainability Certification," Post-Print cirad-01164222, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeroen Weimer & Joost Pape, 1999. "A Taxonomy of Systems of Corporate Governance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 152-166, April.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Kim, Kenneth A. & Kitsabunnarat, Pattanaporn, 2003. "The costs (and benefits?) of diversified business groups: The case of Korean chaebols," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 251-273, February.
- Roda, Jean-Marc, 2010. "On the nature of intergenerational and social networks in the African forest sector: the case of Chinese, Lebanese, Indian and Italian business networks," Selected Book Chapters, in: Laura A German & Alain Karsenty & Anne-Marie Tiani (ed.), Governing Africa's forests in a globalized world. Laura A German, Alain Karsenty, Anne-Marie Tianni (eds). (2010). Routledge Earthscan, London, UK. 44, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 17, pages 335-353, CIRAD, Forest department, UPR40.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Todeva, Emanuela, 2007. "Business Networks," MPRA Paper 52844, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefania Vitali & James B Glattfelder & Stefano Battiston, 2011. "The Network of Global Corporate Control," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 6(10), pages 1-6, October.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez‐De‐Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1999.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 471-517, April.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," NBER Working Papers 6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Hsi-Mei Chung & Shu-Ting Chan, 2012. "Ownership structure, family leadership, and performance of affiliate firms in large family business groups," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 303-329, June.
- Grassi, Rosanna, 2010. "Vertex centrality as a measure of information flow in Italian Corporate Board Networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(12), pages 2455-2464.
- Chandler, Alfred Jr., 1982. "The M-form: Industrial groups, American style," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-23.
- McCarthy, John F. & Gillespie, Piers & Zen, Zahari, 2012. "Swimming Upstream: Local Indonesian Production Networks in “Globalized” Palm Oil Production," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 555-569.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leblang, David, 2010. "Familiarity Breeds Investment: Diaspora Networks and International Investment," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 104(3), pages 584-600, August.
- Heitor V. Almeida & Daniel Wolfenzon, 2006. "A Theory of Pyramidal Ownership and Family Business Groups," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(6), pages 2637-2680, December.
- Erik Dietzenbacher & Umed Temurshoev, 2008. "Ownership relations in the presence of cross-shareholding," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 95(3), pages 189-212, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rawshan Ara Begum & Asif Raihan & Mohd Nizam Mohd Said, 2020. "Dynamic Impacts of Economic Growth and Forested Area on Carbon Dioxide Emissions in Malaysia," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(22), pages 1-15, November.
- Anseeuw, Ward & Roda, Jean-Marc & Ducastel, Antoine & Kamaruddin, Norfaryanti, 2016. "Stratégies globales des firmes et financiarisation de l’agriculture," Selected Book Chapters, in: Estelle Biénabe & Denis Loeillet & Alain Rival (ed.), Développement durable et filières tropicales. Estelle Biénabe, Denis Loeillet, Alian Rival (eds). (2016). Quae, Versailles, France. 336 pp. ISBN 97827, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 24, pages 265-279, CIRAD, Forest department, UPR40.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Byun, Hae-Young & Choi, Sunhwa & Hwang, Lee-Seok & Kim, Robert G., 2013. "Business group affiliation, ownership structure, and the cost of debt," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 311-331.
- Anaïs Hamelin-Schertzer, 2010. "Is there tunneling in Small Business Groups? Evidence from French SMEs," Working Papers CEB 10-003.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jongmoo Jay Choi & Hoje Jo & Jimi Kim & Moo Sung Kim, 2018. "Business Groups and Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 153(4), pages 931-954, December.
- Chan-Jane Lin & Tawei Wang & Chao-Jung Pan, 2016. "Financial reporting quality and investment decisions for family firms," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 499-532, June.
- Imen Derouiche & Majdi Hassan & Sarra Amdouni, 2018. "Ownership structure and investment-cash flow sensitivity," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 22(1), pages 31-54, March.
- Amess, Kevin & Banerji, Sanjay & Lampousis, Athanasios, 2015. "Corporate cash holdings: Causes and consequences," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 421-433.
- de La Bruslerie, Hubert, 2016.
"Does debt curb controlling shareholders' private benefits? Modelling in a contingent claim framework,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 263-282.
- Hubert de la Bruslerie, 2016. "Does debt curb controlling shareholder's private benfits? Modelling in a contingent claim framework," Post-Print hal-01945646, HAL.
- Bennedsen, Morten & Fan, Joseph P.H. & Jian, Ming & Yeh, Yin-Hua, 2015. "The family business map: Framework, selective survey, and evidence from Chinese family firm succession," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 212-226.
- Torres, Juan Pablo & Jara Bertín, Mauricio & López-Iturriaga, Félix J., 2017. "Corporate control and firm value: The bright side of business groups," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 99-108.
- Edwards, Jeremy S.S. & Weichenrieder, Alfons J., 2009.
"Control rights, pyramids, and the measurement of ownership concentration,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 489-508, October.
- Edwards, Jeremy S S & Weichenrieder, Alfons J, 2009. "Control Rights, Pyramids, and the Measurement of Ownership Concentration," MPRA Paper 13830, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeremy S.S. Edwards & Alfons J. Weichenrieder, 2009. "Control Rights, Pyramids, and the Measurement of Ownership Concentration," Post-Print hal-00701897, HAL.
- Espinosa-Méndez, Christian & Jara-Bertín, Mauricio & Maquieira, Carlos, 2018. "The influence of family and pyramidal ownership on corporate diversification in Chile," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 158-168.
- Gur Aminadav & Elias Papaioannou, 2020. "Corporate Control around the World," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 75(3), pages 1191-1246, June.
- Ding, Wenzhi & Levine, Ross & Lin, Chen & Xie, Wensi, 2021. "Corporate immunity to the COVID-19 pandemic," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 802-830.
- An Buysschaert & Marc Deloof & Marc Jegers & An Rommens, 2008. "Is Group Affiliation Profitable in Developed Countries? Belgian Evidence," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(6), pages 504-518, November.
- Naeem Tabassum & Satwinder Singh, 2020. "Corporate Governance and Organisational Performance," Springer Books, Springer, number 978-3-030-48527-6, June.
- Mike Burkart & Samuel Lee, 2008.
"One Share - One Vote: the Theory,"
Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 12(1), pages 1-49.
- Burkart, Mike & Lee, Samuel, 2007. "One Share - One Vote: The Theory," SIFR Research Report Series 57, Institute for Financial Research.
- Burkart, Mike & Lee, Samuel, 2008. "One share - one vote: the theory," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69545, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sviatoslav Moskalev & Seung Park, 2010. "South Korean Chaebols and Value-Based Management," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(1), pages 49-62, March.
- Pecora, Nicolò & Spelta, Alessandro, 2015. "Shareholding relationships in the Euro Area banking market: A network perspective," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 434(C), pages 1-12.
- Chung, Hsi-Mei & Dahms, Sven, 2018. "Ownership Strategy and Foreign Affiliate Performance in Multinational Family Business Groups: A Double-edged Sword," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 303-316.
- Biswajit Ghose, 2017. "Impact of Business Group Affiliation on Capital Structure Adjustment Speed: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing Sector," Emerging Economy Studies, International Management Institute, vol. 3(1), pages 54-67, May.
More about this item
KeywordsSoutheast Asia; oil palm; forest; transnationals; investment strategy; emerging markets; competitiveness; network analysis; network metrics; ethnic business; ownership structure; family business. agribusiness;
All these keywords.
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L73 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Forest Products
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2015-06-27 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-CFN-2015-06-27 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-ENV-2015-06-27 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2015-06-27 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:epf:wpaper:40412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ciradfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: JM Roda (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ciradfr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.