Forecasting aggregates using panels of nonlinear time series
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fok, Dennis & van Dijk, Dick & Franses, Philip Hans, 2005. "Forecasting aggregates using panels of nonlinear time series," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 785-794.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dick van Dijk & Timo Terasvirta & Philip Hans Franses, 2002.
"Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models — A Survey Of Recent Developments,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-47.
- van Dijk, D.J.C. & Terasvirta, T. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2000. "Smooth transition autoregressive models - A survey of recent developments," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2000-23/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- van Dijk, Dick & Teräsvirta, Timo & Franses, Philip Hans, 2000. "Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models - A Survey of Recent Developments," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 380, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 17 Jan 2001.
- Maximo Camacho, 2004. "Vector smooth transition regression models for US GDP and the composite index of leading indicators," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 173-196.
- Marcelle Chauvet & Jeremy M. Piger, 2003.
"Identifying business cycle turning points in real time,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 47-61.
- Marcelle Chauvet & Jeremy M. Piger, 2002. "Identifying business cycle turning points in real time," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2002-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Dick Dijk & Philip Hans Franses, 2003.
"Selecting a Nonlinear Time Series Model using Weighted Tests of Equal Forecast Accuracy,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(s1), pages 727-744, December.
- van Dijk, D.J.C. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2003. "Selecting a Nonlinear Time Series Model using Weighted Tests of Equal Forecast Accuracy," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2003-10, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Theodore M. Crone & Alan Clayton-Matthews, 2004. "Consistent economic indexes for the 50 states," Working Papers 04-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Terasvirta, Timo, 1993. "Modelling Non-Linear Economic Relationships," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198773207.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1997. "A floor and ceiling model of US output," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(4-5), pages 661-695, May.
- A. Pagan & J. Engel & D. Haugh, 2004. "Some Methods for Assessing the Need for Non-linear Models in Business Cycle Analysis and Forecasting," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 284, Econometric Society.
- Clive Granger & Tae-Hwy Lee, 1999. "The effect of aggregation on nonlinearity," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 259-269.
- Michael T. Owyang & Jeremy Piger & Howard J. Wall, 2005. "Business Cycle Phases in U.S. States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 604-616, November.
- Dick van Dijk & Dennis Fok & Philip Hans Franses, 2005. "A multi-level panel STAR model for US manufacturing sectors," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(6), pages 811-827.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2006. "25 years of time series forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 443-473.
- Galvao Jr., Antonio F., 2011. "Quantile regression for dynamic panel data with fixed effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 142-157, September.
- Allenby, Greg M., 2017. "Structural forecasts for marketing data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 433-441.
- Badi H. Baltagi, 2008. "Forecasting with panel data," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 153-173.
- Cai, Charlie X. & Kyaw, Khine & Zhang, Qi, 2012. "Stock index return forecasting: The information of the constituents," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 72-74.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:38:y:2018:i:1:a:66264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oliveira, André Barbosa & Pereira, Pedro L. Valls, 2018. "Uncertainty times for portfolio selection at financial market," Textos para discussão 473, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Baltagi, Badi H., 2013. "Panel Data Forecasting," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- Oliveira, André Barbosa & Valls Pereira, Pedro Luiz, 2018.
"Asset Allocation with Markovian Regime Switching: Efficient Frontier and Tangent Portfolio with Regime Switching,"
Brazilian Review of Econometrics,
Sociedade Brasileira de Econometria - SBE, vol. 38(1), May.
- Oliveira, André Barbosa & Pereira, Pedro L. Valls, 2018. "Asset allocation with Markovian regime switching: efficient frontier and tangent portfolio with regime switching," Textos para discussão 471, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Chang, Tsangyao & Chiang, Gengnan, 2012. "Transitional Behavior of Government Debt Ratio on Growth: The Case of OECD Countries," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 24-37, June.
More about this item
Keywordsbusiness cycle; data aggregation; multi-level models; nonlinearity; panel of time series;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:eureir:1797. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feeurnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.