Building the city: sunk capital, sequencing andinstitutional frictions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Henderson, J Vernon & Regan, Tanner & Venables, Anthony J, 2016. "Building the city: sunk capital, sequencing, and institutional frictions," CEPR Discussion Papers 11211, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Solow, Robert M. & Vickrey, William S., 1971. "Land use in a long narrow city," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 430-447, December.
- Riley, John G., 1974. "Optimal residential density and road transportation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 230-249, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dave Donaldson & Adam Storeygard, 2016. "The View from Above: Applications of Satellite Data in Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 171-198, Fall.
- Venables, Anthony J., 2017.
"Breaking into tradables: Urban form and urban function in a developing city,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 88-97.
- Venables, Anthony J, 2016. "Breaking into Tradables: urban form and urban function in a developing city," CEPR Discussion Papers 11212, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Venables,Anthony J., 2017. "Breaking into tradables : urban form and urban function in a developing city," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7950, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordscity; urban; urban growth; slum development; urban structure; urban form; housing investment; capital durability;
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-IUE-2016-05-21 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-URE-2016-05-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:66536. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .