William Vickrey: Contributions to Public Policy
This article introduces the reader to the full range of William Vickrey's contributions to economics from a public policy perspective. It is organized in similar manner to the book Public Economics: Selected Papers by William Vickrey; it examines Vickrey's public policy contributions to social choice and allocation mechanisms, taxation, marginal-cost pricing, urban transportation, urban economics, and macroeconomic policy. Copyright Kluwer Academic Publishers 1998
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1, December.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-60, May.
- Jacques H. Dreze, 1995.
"Forty Years of Public Economics: A Personal Perspective,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 111-130, Spring.
- DREZE , Jacques H., 1994. "Forty Years of Public Economics : A Personal Perspective," CORE Discussion Papers 1994075, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Drèze, J. H., . "Forty years of public economics: a personal perspective," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1154, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- William Vickrey, 1939. "Averaging of Income for Income-Tax Purposes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47, pages 379.
- Vickrey, William, 1993. "Today's Task for Economists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Dreze, Jacques, 1997.
" Research and Development in Public Economics: William Vickrey's Inventive Quest of Efficiency,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(2), pages 179-98, June.
- Drèze, J., . "Research and development in public economics: William Vickrey's inventive quest of efficiency," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1285, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- William Vickrey, 1948. "Some Objections to Marginal-Cost Pricing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 218.
- William Vickrey, 1947. "Part IV: Resource Distribution Patterns and the Classification of Families," NBER Chapters, in: Studies in Income and Wealth, pages 266-297 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Starrett, David A., 1974. "Principles of optimal location in a large homogeneous area," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 418-448, December.
- Flatters, Frank & Henderson, Vernon & Mieszkowski, Peter, 1974. "Public goods, efficiency, and regional fiscal equalization," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 99-112, May.
- Theodore Groves & Martin Loeb, 1974.
"Incentives and Public Inputs,"
29, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(114), pages 175-208, April.
- Solow, Robert M. & Vickrey, William S., 1971. "Land use in a long narrow city," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 430-447, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:5:y:1998:i:1:p:93-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.