The role of care home fees in the public costs and distributional effects of potential reforms to care home funding for older people in England
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hancock, Ruth & Malley, Juliette & Wittenberg, Raphael & Morciano, Marcello & Pickard, Linda & King, Derek & Comas-Herrera, Adelina, 2013. "The role of care home fees in the public costs and distributional effects of potential reforms to care home funding for older people in England," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 47-73, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Les Mayhew & Martin Karlsson & Ben Rickayzen, 2010. "The Role of Private Finance in Paying for Long Term Care," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(548), pages 478-504, November.
- Hancock, Ruth & Hviid, Morten, 2010. "Buyer power and price discrimination: the case of the UK care homes market," ISER Working Paper Series 2010-39, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ruth Hancock & Adelina Comas-Herrera & Raphael Wittenberg & Linda Pickard, 2003. "Who Will Pay for Long-Term Care in the UK? Projections Linking Macro- and Micro-Simulation Models," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 24(4), pages 387-426, December.
- Cohen, Joel W. & Spector, William D., 1996. "The effect of Medicaid reimbursement on quality of care in nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 23-48, February.
- Adelina Comas-Herrera & Rebecca Butterfield & José-Luis Fernández & Joshua M. Wiener, 2012. "Barriers to Opportunities for Private Long-term Care Insurance in England: What Can We Learn from Other Countries?," Chapters,in: The LSE Companion to Health Policy, chapter 15 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hancock, Ruth & Juarez-Garcia, Ariadna & Comas-Herrera, Adelina & King, Derek & Malley, Juliette & Pickard, Linda & Wittenberg, Raphael, 2006. "Winners and losers: assessing the distributional effects of long-term care funding regimes," ISER Working Paper Series 2006-43, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ettner, Susan L., 1993. "Do elderly Medicaid patients experience reduced access to nursing home care?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 259-280, October.
- Jennifer L. Troyer, 2002. "Cross-Subsidization in Nursing Homes: Explaining Rate Differentials Among Payer Types," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 750-773, April.
- repec:mpr:mprres:6018 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Machin & Joan Wilson, 2004. "Minimum wages in a low-wage labour market: Care homes in the UK," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(494), pages 102-109, March.
More about this item
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:43154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .