Do elderly Medicaid patients experience reduced access to nursing home care?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sloan, Frank A. & Valvona, Joseph & Hassan, Mahmud & Morrisey, Michael A., 1988. "Cost of capital to the hospital sector," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Wedig, Gerard J & Hassan, Mahmud & Sloan, Frank A, 1989. "Hospital Investment Decisions and the Cost of Capital," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(4), pages 517-537, October.
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever & Jean Mitchell, 1989. "Market Forces and the Public Good: Competition Among Hospitals and Provision of Indigent Care," NBER Working Papers 3136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hendershott, Patric H & Kidwell, David S, 1978. "The Impact of Relative Security Supplies: A Test with Data from a Regional Tax-Exempt Bond Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 10(3), pages 337-347, August.
- Tanner, J Ernest, 1975. "The Determinants of Interest Cost on New Municipal Bonds: A Reevaluation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(1), pages 74-80, January.
- Wedig, Gerard, et al, 1988. " Capital Structure, Ownership, and Capital Payment Policy: The Case of Hospitals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 21-40, March.
- Thorpe, Kenneth E. & Phelps, Charles E., 1990. "Regulatory intensity and hospital cost growth," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 143-166, September.
- Liu, Pu & Moore, William T, 1987. "The Impact of Split Bond Ratings on Risk Premia," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 22(1), pages 71-85, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dwayne Banks & Elliott Parker & Jeanne Wendel, 2001. "Strategic interaction among hospitals and nursing facilities: the efficiency effects of payment systems and vertical integration," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 119-134.
- Hancock, Ruth & Malley, Juliette & Wittenberg, Raphael & Morciano, Marcello & Pickard, Linda & King, Derek & Comas-Herrera, Adelina, 2013.
"The role of care home fees in the public costs and distributional effects of potential reforms to care home funding for older people in England,"
Health Economics, Policy and Law,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 47-73, January.
- Hancock, Ruth & Malley, Juliette & Wittenberg, Raphael & Morciano, Marcello & Pickard, Linda & King, Derek & Comas-Herrera, Adelina, 2013. "The role of care home fees in the public costs and distributional effects of potential reforms to care home funding for older people in England," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 43154, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Amy Finkelstein, 2008.
"The Interaction of Public and Private Insurance: Medicaid and the Long-Term Care Insurance Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 1083-1102, June.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Amy Finkelstein, 2004. "The Interaction of Public and Private Insurance: Medicaid and the Long-Term Care Insurance Market," NBER Working Papers 10989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber, 2003. "Medicaid," NBER Chapters,in: Means-Tested Transfer Programs in the United States, pages 15-78 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey P. Ballou, 2008. "Do Nonprofit And Government Nursing Homes Enter Unprofitable Markets?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(2), pages 241-260, April.
- David M. Cutler & Louise Sheiner, 1994. "Policy Options for Long-Term Care," NBER Chapters,in: Studies in the Economics of Aging, pages 395-442 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric Christensen & Richard Arnould, 2005. "The Impact of Asymmetric Information and Ownership on Nursing Home Access," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 273-297, September.
- Lara Gardner & Donna Gilleskie, 2006. "The Effects of State Medicaid Policies on the Dynamic Savings Patterns of the Elderly," NBER Working Papers 12208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pascale Genier, 1996. "La gestion du risque dépendance : le rôle de la famille, de l'État et du secteur privé," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 291(1), pages 103-117.
- Olivella, Pau, 2003. "Shifting public-health-sector waiting lists to the private sector," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 103-132, March.
- Nishimura, Y.; Oikawa, M.;, 2017. "Effects of Informal Elderly Care on Labor Supply: Exploitation of Government Intervention on the Supply Side of Elderly Care Market," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/02, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:12:y:1993:i:3:p:259-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.