Cycles and Multiple Equilibria in the Market for Durable Lemons
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Maarten C. W. Janssen & Vladimir A. Karamychev, 2002. "Cycles and multiple equilibria in the market for durable lemons," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(3), pages 579-601.
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Vladimir Karamychev, 2000. "Cycles and Multiple Equilibria in the Market for Durable Lemons," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-025/1, Tinbergen Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel R. Vincent, 1990. "Dynamic Auctions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 49-61.
- Vettas, Nikolaos, 1997.
"On the Informational Role of Quantities: Durable Goods and Consumers' Word-of-Mouth Communication,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(4), pages 915-944, November.
- Vettas, Nikolaos, 1996. "On the Informational Role of Quantitites: Durable Goods and Consumers' Word-of-Mouth Communication," Working Papers 96-10, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Igal Hendel & Alessandro Lizzeri, 1999. "Interfering with Secondary Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(1), pages 1-21, Spring.
- Alessandro Lizzeri & Igal Hendel, 1999. "Adverse Selection in Durable Goods Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1097-1115, December.
- Wilson, Charles A, 1979. "Equilibrium and Adverse Selection," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 313-317, May.
- Justin P. Johnson & Michael Waldman, 2010. "Leasing, Lemons, and Moral Hazard," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(2), pages 307-328, May.
- Curtis R. Taylor, 1999. "Time-on-the-Market as a Sign of Quality," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 555-578.
- Alessandro Lizzeri, 1999. "Information Revelation and Certification Intermediaries," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(2), pages 214-231, Summer.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Sobel, Joel, 1991. "Durable Goods Monopoly with Entry of New Consumers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1455-1485, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eeva Mauring, 2017. "Informational Cycles in Search Markets," Vienna Economics Papers 1708, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Anindya Ghose, 2005. "Used Good Trade Patterns: A Cross-Country Comparison of Electronic Secondary Markets," Working Papers 05-19, NET Institute, revised Oct 2005.
- Klaus Kultti & Eeva Mauring & Juuso Vanhala & Timo Vesala, 2015. "Adverse Selection In Dynamic Matching Markets," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 115-133, April.
- Andrikopoulos, Athanasios & Markellos, Raphael N., 2015.
"Dynamic interaction between markets for leasing and selling automobiles,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 260-270.
- Andrikopoulos, Athanasios & Markellos, Raphael. N, 2012. "Dynamic interaction between markets for leasing and selling automobiles," MPRA Paper 45225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bilancini, Ennio & Boncinelli, Leonardo, 2016.
"Dynamic adverse selection and the supply size,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 233-242.
- Ennio Bilancini & Leonardo Boncinelli, 2014. "Dynamic Adverse Selection and the Supply Size," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 099, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Ennio Bilancini & Leonardo Boncinelli, 2014. "Dynamic Adverse Selection and the Supply Size," Department of Economics (DEMB) 0034, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Department of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Fuchs, William & Skrzypacz, Andrzej, 2013. "Costs and Benefits of Dynamic Trading in a Lemons Market," Research Papers 2133, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Vladimir Karamychev, 2000. "Continuous Time Trading in Markets with Adverse Selection," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-109/1, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:wc2000:0876. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .