Existence of Stationary Equilibrium in the Markets for New and Used Durable Goods
We prove the existence of stationary equilibrium in the primary and secondhand markets for an indivisible consumer durable in a general model with stochastic degradation and endogenous scrappage decisions.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE; ANTITRUST DIVISION, JUDICIARY CENTER BUILDING 555 4TH ST. N.W. WASHINGTON D.C. 20001 U.S.A..|
Web page: http://www.justice.gov/atr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon P. Anderson & Victor Ginsburgh, 1994.
"Price discrimination via second-hand markets,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/1719, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bond, Eric W, 1983. "Trade in Used Equipment with Heterogeneous Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 688-705, August.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985. "The law of large numbers with a continuum of IID random variables," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 19-25, February.
- Igal Hendel & Alessandro Lizzeri, 1999. "Interfering with Secondary Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(1), pages 1-21, Spring.
- Liebowitz, S J, 1982. "Durability, Market Structure, and New-Used Goods Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 816-824, September.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1984. "On a theorem of Schmeidler," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 201-206, December.
- Hart, Sergiu & Hildenbrand, Werner & Kohlberg, Elon, 1974.
"On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 159-166, August.
- HART, Sergiu & HILDENBRAND, Werner & KOHLBERG, Elon, "undated". "On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space," CORE Discussion Papers RP 183, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Igal Hendel & Alessandro Lizzeri, 1997.
"Adverse Selection in Durable Goods Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
6194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1981. "Departures from marginal-cost pricing in the American automobile industry : Estimates for 1977-1978," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 201-227, November.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
- James Berkovec, 1985. "New Car Sales and Used Car Stocks: A Model of the Automobile Market," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(2), pages 195-214, Summer.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1975. "A model of equilibrium with differentiated commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 263-295.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Rosenthal, Robert W., 1988.
"Anonymous sequential games,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 77-87, February.
- Rust, John, 1985. "Stationary Equilibrium in a Market for Durable Assets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(4), pages 783-805, July.
- Manski, Charles F., 1983. "Analysis of equilibrium automobile holdings in Israel with aggregate discrete choice models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 373-389, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:usjuat:00-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.