Existence of Stationary Equilibrium in the Markets for New and Used Durable Goods
We prove the existence of stationary equilibrium in the primary and secondhand markets for an indivisible consumer durable in a general model with stochastic degradation and endogenous scrappage decisions.
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.justice.gov/atr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manski, Charles F., 1983. "Analysis of equilibrium automobile holdings in Israel with aggregate discrete choice models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 373-389, October.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1981. "Departures from marginal-cost pricing in the American automobile industry : Estimates for 1977-1978," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 201-227, November.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-90, July.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Rosenthal, Robert W., 1986.
"Anonymous Sequential Games,"
86-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- James Berkovec, 1985. "New Car Sales and Used Car Stocks: A Model of the Automobile Market," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(2), pages 195-214, Summer.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Ginsburgh, Victor A., 1994.
"Price discrimination via second-hand markets,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 23-44, January.
- Igal Hendel & Alessandro Lizzeri, 1999. "Interfering with Secondary Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(1), pages 1-21, Spring.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985. "The law of large numbers with a continuum of IID random variables," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 19-25, February.
- Alessandro Lizzeri & Igal Hendel, 1999.
"Adverse Selection in Durable Goods Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1097-1115, December.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1984. "On a theorem of Schmeidler," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 201-206, December.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1975. "A model of equilibrium with differentiated commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 263-295.
- Rust, John, 1985. "Stationary Equilibrium in a Market for Durable Assets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(4), pages 783-805, July.
- Liebowitz, S J, 1982. "Durability, Market Structure, and New-Used Goods Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 816-24, September.
- Hart, Sergiu & Hildenbrand, Werner & Kohlberg, Elon, 1974.
"On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 159-166, August.
- HART, Sergiu & HILDENBRAND, Werner & KOHLBERG, Elon, . "On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space," CORE Discussion Papers RP 183, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bond, Eric W, 1983. "Trade in Used Equipment with Heterogeneous Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 688-705, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:usjuat:00-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.