Existence of stationary equilibrium in the markets for new and used durable goods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Konishi, H. & Sandfort, M.T., 2000. "Existence of Stationary Equilibrium in the Markets for New and Used Durable Goods," Papers 00-8, U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division.
- Hideo Konishi & Michael Sandfort, 2000. "Existence of Stationary Equilibrium in the Markets for New and Used Durable Goods," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 450, Boston College Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rust, John, 1985. "Stationary Equilibrium in a Market for Durable Assets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(4), pages 783-805, July.
- Hart, Sergiu & Hildenbrand, Werner & Kohlberg, Elon, 1974.
"On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, pages 159-166.
- HART, Sergiu & HILDENBRAND, Werner & KOHLBERG, Elon, 1974. "On equilibrium allocations as distributions on the commodity space," CORE Discussion Papers RP 183, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1985. "The law of large numbers with a continuum of IID random variables," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 19-25, February.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1981. "Departures from marginal-cost pricing in the American automobile industry : Estimates for 1977-1978," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 201-227, November.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Rosenthal, Robert W., 1988. "Anonymous sequential games," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 77-87, February.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Ginsburgh, Victor A., 1994.
"Price discrimination via second-hand markets,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 23-44.
- Simon P. Anderson & Victor Ginsburgh, 1994. "Price discrimination via second-hand markets," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1719, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GINSBURGH, Victor A., 1994. "Price discrimination via second-hand markets," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1078, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Manski, Charles F., 1983. "Analysis of equilibrium automobile holdings in Israel with aggregate discrete choice models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 373-389, October.
- Igal Hendel & Alessandro Lizzeri, 1999. "Interfering with Secondary Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(1), pages 1-21, Spring.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
- Alessandro Lizzeri & Igal Hendel, 1999. "Adverse Selection in Durable Goods Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1097-1115, December.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1975. "A model of equilibrium with differentiated commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 263-295.
- Bond, Eric W, 1983. "Trade in Used Equipment with Heterogeneous Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 688-705, August.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1984. "On a theorem of Schmeidler," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 201-206, December.
- James Berkovec, 1985. "New Car Sales and Used Car Stocks: A Model of the Automobile Market," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(2), pages 195-214, Summer.
- Liebowitz, S J, 1982. "Durability, Market Structure, and New-Used Goods Models," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 816-824, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raghunath Singh Rao & Om Narasimhan & George John, 2009. "Understanding the Role of Trade-Ins in Durable Goods Markets: Theory and Evidence," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(5), pages 950-967, 09-10.
- Liu, Ting & Schiraldi, Pasquale, 2014.
"Buying frenzies in durable-goods markets,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 1-16.
- Ting Liu & Pasquale Schiraldi, 2012. "Buying frenzies in durable-goods markets," Department of Economics Working Papers 12-07, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Liu, Ting & Schiraldi, Pasquale, 2014. "Buying frenzies in durable-goods markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 56704, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Samuel P. Fraiberger & Arun Sundararajan, 2015. "Peer-to-Peer Rental Markets in the Sharing Economy," Working Papers 15-19, NET Institute.
- Smith Loren K., 2009. "New Market Policy Effects on Used Markets: Theory and Evidence," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-27, July.
- Andrikopoulos, Athanasios & Markellos, Raphael N., 2015.
"Dynamic interaction between markets for leasing and selling automobiles,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 260-270.
- Andrikopoulos, Athanasios & Markellos, Raphael. N, 2012. "Dynamic interaction between markets for leasing and selling automobiles," MPRA Paper 45225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pasquale Schiraldi, 2011.
"Automobile replacement: a dynamic structural approach,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 42(2), pages 266-291, June.
- Schiraldi, Pasquale, 2008. "Automobile replacement: a dynamic structural approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 21780, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Pasquale Schiraldi, 2010. "Automobile Replacement: A DynamicStructural Approach," STICERD - Economics of Industry Papers 49, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Chen, Jen-Ming & Hsu, Yu-Ting, 2017. "Revenue management for durable goods using trade-ins with certified pre-owned options," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 186(C), pages 55-70.
- Ernő Kovács & Zsuzsanna Lőke & Ibolya Bokor, 2007. "Trade of second-hand products, as a means of social emergence in the European Union and Hungary," Acta Universitatis Bohemiae Meridionales, University of South Bohemia in Ceske Budejovice, vol. 10(1), pages 37-42.
More about this item
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:26:y:2002:i:6:p:1029-1052. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.