The admission of accession countries to an enlarged monetary union: a tentative assessment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-1189.
- Grafe, Clemens & Wyplosz, Charles, 1997.
"The Real Exchange Rate in Transition Economies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1773, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- C Grafe & C Wyplosz, 1998. "The Real Exchange Rate in Transition Economies," CEP Discussion Papers dp0395, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Grafe, Clemens & Wyplosz, Charles, 1998. "The real exchange rate in transition economies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20268, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1997.
"Optimal Inflation Targets, "Conservative" Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 98-114, March.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 1995. "Optimal Inflation Targets, `Conservative' Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts," NBER Working Papers 5251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1995. "Optimal Inflation Targets, 'Conservative' Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts," CEPR Discussion Papers 1249, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Svensson, L.E.O., 1995. "Optimal Inflation Targets, 'Conservative' Central Banks, and Linear Inflation Contracts," Papers 595, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Lane, Philip R, 2000.
" Asymmetric Shocks and Monetary Policy in a Currency Union,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(4), pages 585-604, December.
- Lane, P, 1999. "Asymmetric Shocks and Monetary Policy in a Currency Union," Trinity Economics Papers 994, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Otmar Issing, 2001. "The EURO Area and the single monetary policy," Working Papers 44, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Cukierman, Alex & Miller, Geoffrey P. & Neyapti, Bilin, 2002.
"Central bank reform, liberalization and inflation in transition economies--an international perspective,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 237-264, March.
- Cukierman, A. & Miller, G.P. & Neyapti, B., 2000. "Central Bank Reform, Liberalization and Inflation in Transition Economies : An International Perspective," Discussion Paper 2000-106, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Cukierman, A. & Miller, G.P. & Neyapti, B., 2000. "Central Bank Rerform, Liberalization and Inflation in Transition Economies - an International Perspective," Papers 00-19, Tel Aviv.
- Cukierman, A. & Miller, G.P. & Neyapti, B., 2000. "Central Bank Rerform, Liberalization and Inflation in Transition Economies - an International Perspective," Papers 2000-19, Tel Aviv.
- Cukierman, Alex & Miller, Geoffrey & Neyapti, Bilin, 2001. "Central Bank Reform, Liberalization and Inflation in Transition Economies - An International Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 2808, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De Broeck, Mark & Slok, Torsten, 2006.
"Interpreting real exchange rate movements in transition countries,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 368-383, March.
- International Monetary Fund, 2001. "Interpreting Real Exchange Rate Movements in Transition Countries," IMF Working Papers 01/56, International Monetary Fund.
- Issing, Otmar, 2001. "The Euro Area and the Single Monetary Policy," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 277-288, October.
- Neyapti, Bilin, 2001.
"Central bank independence and economic performance in eastern Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 381-399, December.
- Bilin Neyapti, 2000. "Central bank Independence and Economic Performance in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 0007, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Peter van Els & Alberto Locarno & Benoît Mojon & Julian Morgan, 2003. "New Macroeconomic Evidence on Monetary Policy Transmission in the Euro Area," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 720-730, 04/05.
- Loungani, Prakash & Sheets, Nathan, 1997.
"Central Bank Independence, Inflation, and Growth in Transition Economies,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 381-399, August.
- Prakash Loungani & Nathan Sheets, 1995. "Central bank independence, inflation and growth in transition economies," International Finance Discussion Papers 519, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Daniel Gros & Carsten Hefeker, 2002.
"One Size Must Fit All: National Divergences in a Monetary Union,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(3), pages 247-262, August.
- Daniel Gros & Carsten Hefeker, 2000. "One Size Must Fit All. National Divergences in a Monetary Union," CESifo Working Paper Series 326, CESifo Group Munich.
- Frait , Jan & Komárek, Luboš, 2001. "REAL Exchange rate trends in transitional countries," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 596, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Wojciech S. Maliszewski, 2000. "Central Bank Independence in Transition Economies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(3), pages 749-789, November.
- Laszlo Halpern & Charles Wyplosz, 2001. "Economic Transformation and Real Exchange Rates in the 2000s: The Balassa-Samuelson Connection," ECE Discussion Papers Series 2001_1, UNECE.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michal Franta & Branislav Saxa & Katerina Smidkova, 2007. "Inflation Persistence in New EU Member States: Is It Different Than in the Euro Area Members?," Working Papers 2007/10, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Ascari, Guido & Rankin, Neil, 2007.
"Perpetual youth and endogenous labor supply: A problem and a possible solution,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 708-723, December.
- Ascari, Guido & Rankin, Neil, 2004. "Perpetual youth and endogenous labour supply: a problem and a possible solution," Working Paper Series 346, European Central Bank.
- Ramon Maria-Dolores & Jose Garcia-Solanes, 2004. "Exchange Rate Regimes for the New Member States of the European Union," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 306, Econometric Society.
- Ca' Zorzi, Michele & De Santis, Roberto A., 2004. "Currency unions and the real exchange rate," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 23-27, October.
More about this item
Keywordsaccession countries; Balassa-Samuelson effect; European Monetary Union; exchange rate regimes; monetary policy;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-05-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2003-05-18 (European Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2003-05-18 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2003-05-18 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbwps:2003216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.