The Eurosystem collateral framework explained
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Garcia-de-Andoain, Carlos & Heider, Florian & Hoerova, Marie & Manganelli, Simone, 2016.
"Lending-of-last-resort is as lending-of-last-resort does: Central bank liquidity provision and interbank market functioning in the euro area,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 32-47.
- Garcia-de-Andoain, Carlos & Heider, Florian & Hoerova, Marie & Manganelli, Simone, 2015. "Lending-of-last-resort is as lending-of-last-resort does: Central bank liquidity provision and interbank market functioning in the euro area," CEPR Discussion Papers 10901, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Manganelli, Simone & Heider, Florian & Hoerova, Marie & Garcia-de-Andoain, Carlos, 2016. "Lending-of-last-resort is as lending-of-last-resort does: central bank liquidity provision and interbank market functioning in the euro area," Working Paper Series 1886, European Central Bank.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Sibert, Anne, 2005. "How the Eurosystem’s Treatment of Collateral in its Open Market Operations Weakens Fiscal Discipline in the Eurozone (and what to do about it)," CEPR Discussion Papers 5387, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Itamar Drechsler & Thomas Drechsel & David Marques-Ibanez & Philipp Schnabl, 2016. "Who Borrows from the Lender of Last Resort?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 71(5), pages 1933-1974, October.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Moore, John, 1997.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 211-248, April.
- John Moore & Nobuhiro Kiyotaki, "undated". "Credit Cycles," Discussion Papers 1995-5, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & John Moore, 1995. "Credit Cycles," NBER Working Papers 5083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ryo Kato, 2003. "Matlab code for Kiyotaki-Moore credit cycles," QM&RBC Codes 113, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Corradin, Stefano & Rodriguez-Moreno, Maria, 2016. "Violating the law of one price: the role of non-conventional monetary policy," Working Paper Series 1927, European Central Bank.
- Jakob Eberl & Christopher Weber, 2014. "ECB Collateral Criteria: A Narrative Database 2001–2013," ifo Working Paper Series 174, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2017.
"The Euro Trap: On Bursting Bubbles, Budgets, and Beliefs,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780198791447.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2014. "The Euro Trap: On Bursting Bubbles, Budgets, and Beliefs," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198702139.
- Yves Leclercq, 1982. "Les transferts financiers. Etat-compagnies privées de chemin de fer d'intérêt général (1833-1908)," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 33(5), pages 896-924.
- Ansgar Belke, 2015. "Eurosystem Collateral Policy and Framework — Post-Lehman Time as a New Collateral Space," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 50(2), pages 82-90, March.
- N. Cassola & F. Koulischer, 2016. "The Collateral Channel of Open Market Operations," Working papers 593, Banque de France.
- Bignon, Vincent & Jobst, Clemens, 2017.
"Economic Crises and the Eligibility for the Lender of Last Resort: Evidence from Nineteenth Century France,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11737, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jobst, Clemens & Bignon, Vincent, 2017. "Economic crises and the eligiblity for the lender of last resort: evidence from 19th century France," Working Paper Series 2027, European Central Bank.
- V. Bignon & C. Jobst, 2017. "Economic Crises and the Eligibility for the Lender of Last Resort: Evidence from 19th century France," Working papers 618, Banque de France.
- de Roure, Calebe, 2016. "Fire buys of central bank collateral assets," Discussion Papers 51/2016, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Matthias Brendel & Jakob Eberl & Christopher Weber, 2015. "Riskante Risikokontrolle," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 68(14), pages 41-49, July.
- Bindseil, Ulrich, 2014. "Monetary Policy Operations and the Financial System," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198716907.
- Albertazzi, Ugo & Eramo, Ginette & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Salleo, Carmelo, 2015. "Asymmetric information in securitization: An empirical assessment," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 33-49.
- Bindseil, Ulrich & Jabłecki, Juliusz, 2013. "Central bank liquidity provision, risk-taking and economic efficiency," Working Paper Series 1542, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Legroux, Vincent & Rahmouni-Rousseau, Imène & Szczerbowicz, Urszula & Valla, Natacha, 2017.
"Stabilising virtues of central banks: (re)matching bank liquidity,"
EIB Working Papers
2017/01, European Investment Bank (EIB).
- V. Legroux & I. Rahmouni-Rousseau & U. Szczerbowicz & N. Valla, 2018. "Stabilising virtues of central banks: (re)matching bank liquidity," Working papers 667, Banque de France.
- Bock, Alexander & Cajnko, Miha & Daskalova, Svetla & Durka, Iwona & Gallagher, Brian & Grandia, Roel & Haberbush, Glenn & Kamps, Annette & Luskin, Alaoishe & Russo, Michelina Lo & Lozoya, Mª Carmen Ca, 2018. "The use of the Eurosystem’s monetary policy instruments and its monetary policy implementation framework Q2 2016 - Q4 2017," Occasional Paper Series 209, European Central Bank.
More about this item
Keywordscentral banking; collateral; ECB; Eurosystem; lender of last resort; operations;
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2017-05-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2017-05-21 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2017-05-21 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2017-05-21 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbops:2017189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.