Production with Storable and Durable Inputs: Nonparametric Analysis of Intertemporal Efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Pieter Jan Kerstens, 2016. " Production with storable and durable inputs: nonparametric analysis of intertemporal efficiency," Working Papers Department of Economics 549617, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crawford, Ian & Polisson, Matthew, 2014.
"Testing for intertemporal nonseparability,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 46-49.
- Ian Crawford & Matthew Polisson, 2013. "Testing for Intertemporal Nonseparability," Discussion Papers in Economics 13/08, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Jul 2013.
- Ian Crawford & Matthew Polisson, 2013. "Testing for intertemporal nonseparability," IFS Working Papers W13/19, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Charles Blackorby & R. Russell, 1999. "Aggregation of Efficiency Indices," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 5-20, August.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Bart Dierynck & Filip Roodhooft & Jeroen Sabbe, 2013.
"Opening the “Black Box” of Efficiency Measurement: Input Allocation in Multioutput Settings,"
INFORMS, vol. 61(5), pages 1148-1165, October.
- Laurens CHERCHYE & Bram DE ROCK & Bart DIERYNCK & Filip ROODHOOFT & Jeroen SABBE, 2011. "Opening the 'black box' of efficiency measurement: input allocation in multi-output settings," Working Papers Department of Economics ces11.10, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Bart Dierynck & Filip Roodhooft & Jeroen Sabbe, 2013. "Opening the Black Box of Efficiency Measurement: Input Allocation in Multi-Output Settings," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/151675, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cherchye, L. & De Rock, B. & Dierynck, B. & Roodhooft, F. & Sabbe, J., 2011. "Opening the ‘Black box’ of efficiency measurement: Input allocation in Multi-output settings," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2011-13, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Maniadakis, Nikolaos & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2004. "A cost Malmquist productivity index," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 396-409, April.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Sebastian Nick & Heike Wetzel, 2016.
"The hidden cost of investment: the impact of adjustment costs on firm performance measurement and regulation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 33-55, February.
- Sebastian Nick & Heike Wetzel, 2016. "The hidden cost of investment: the impact of adjustment costs on firm performance measurement and regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 33-55, February.
- Nick, Sebastian & Wetzel , Heike, 2014. "The Hidden Cost of Investment: The Impact of Adjustment Cost on Firm Performance Measurement and Regulation," EWI Working Papers 2014-3, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Fare, R. & Grabowski, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Kraft, S., 1997. "Efficiency of a fixed but allocatable input: A non-parametric approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 187-193, October.
- Haney, A.B. & Pollitt, M.G., 2012. "International benchmarking of Electricity Transmission by Regulators: Theory and Practice," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1254, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2005.
"Efficiency Measurement in Network Industries: Application to the Swiss Railway Companies,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 69-90, July.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2004. "Efficiency Measurement in Network Industries: Application to the Swiss Railway Companies," CEPE Working paper series 04-32, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Haney, Aoife Brophy & Pollitt, Michael G., 2013. "International benchmarking of electricity transmission by regulators: A contrast between theory and practice?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 267-281.
- Fare, Rolf & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2003. "On aggregate Farrell efficiencies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 615-620, May.
- Nemoto, Jiro & Goto, Mika, 1999. "Dynamic data envelopment analysis: modeling intertemporal behavior of a firm in the presence of productive inefficiencies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 51-56, July.
- Pollitt, Michael, 2005. "The role of efficiency estimates in regulatory price reviews: Ofgem's approach to benchmarking electricity networks," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 279-288, December.
- Steven T. Hackman & Robert C. Leachman, 1989. "A General Framework for Modeling Production," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(4), pages 478-495, April.
More about this item
Keywordscost minimization; storable inputs; durable inputs; production delay; dynamic efficiency;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-09-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2016-09-18 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-SOG-2016-09-18 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/235997. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .