The role of efficiency estimates in regulatory price reviews: Ofgem's approach to benchmarking electricity networks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Nillesen, Paul & Pollitt, Michael, 2004. "Strategic behaviour under regulatory benchmarking," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 825-843, September.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1985. "A Theory of Yardstick Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 319-327, Autumn.
- Giannakis, Dimitrios & Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2005. "Benchmarking and incentive regulation of quality of service: an application to the UK electricity distribution networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(17), pages 2256-2271, November.
- Bauer, Paul W. & Berger, Allen N. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Humphrey, David B., 1998.
"Consistency Conditions for Regulatory Analysis of Financial Institutions: A Comparison of Frontier Efficiency Methods,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 85-114, March.
- Paul W. Bauer & Allen N. Berger & Gary D. Ferrier & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods," Financial Services working paper 97-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Paul W. Bauer & Allen N. Berger & Gary D. Ferrier & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1976. "Franchise Bidding for Natural Monopolies -- in General and with Respect to CATV," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 73-104, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shaw, Rita & Attree, Mike & Jackson, Tim, 2010. "Developing electricity distribution networks and their regulation to support sustainable energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5927-5937, October.
- repec:kap:pubcho:v:173:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11127-017-0473-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2008.
"Reference models and incentive regulation of electricity distribution networks: An evaluation of Sweden's Network Performance Assessment Model (NPAM),"
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1788-1801, May.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2007. "Reference Models and Incentive Regulation of Electricity Distribution Networks: An Evaluation of Sweden’s Network Performance Assessment Model (NPAM)," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0747, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mehdi Farsi & Aurelio Fetz & Massimo Filippini, 2007. "Benchmarking and Regulation in the Electricity Distribution Sector," CEPE Working paper series 07-54, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2007.
"Incentive regulation of electricity distribution networks: Lessons of experience from Britain,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6163-6187, December.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2007. "Incentive Regulation of Electricity Distribution Networks: Lessons of Experience from Britain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0709, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul Nillesen & Michael Pollitt, 2007. "The 2001-3 electricity distribution price control review in the Netherlands: regulatory process and consumer welfare," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 261-287, June.
- Lowry, Mark Newton & Getachew, Lullit, 2009. "Statistical benchmarking in utility regulation: Role, standards and methods," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1323-1330, April.
- Steele Santos, Paulo E. & Coradi Leme, Rafael & Galvão, Leandro, 2012. "On the electrical two-part tariff—The Brazilian perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 123-130.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:606-616 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aen:journl:ej38-5-lien is not listed on IDEAS
- Reneses, Javier & Gómez, Tomás & Rivier, Juan & Angarita, Jorge L., 2011. "Electricity tariff design for transition economies: Application to the Libyan power system," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 33-43, January.
- Hess, Borge & Cullmann, Astrid, 2007. "Efficiency analysis of East and West German electricity distribution companies - Do the "Ossis" really beat the "Wessis"?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 206-214, September.
- Janda, Karel & Krska, Stepan, 2014. "Benchmarking Methods in the Regulation of Electricity Distribution System Operators," MPRA Paper 59442, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Hong-Zhou & Tian, Xian-Liang & Zou, Tao, 2015. "Impact analysis of coal-electricity pricing linkage scheme in China based on stochastic frontier cost function," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 296-305.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Pieter Jan Kerstens, 2016.
" Production with storable and durable inputs: nonparametric analysis of intertemporal efficiency,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
549617, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock, 2016. "Production with Storable and Durable Inputs: Nonparametric Analysis of Intertemporal Efficiency," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2016-33, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Haney, Aoife Brophy & Pollitt, Michael G., 2013. "International benchmarking of electricity transmission by regulators: A contrast between theory and practice?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 267-281.
- Saastamoinen, Antti & Kuosmanen, Timo, 2016. "Quality frontier of electricity distribution: Supply security, best practices, and underground cabling in Finland," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 281-292.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:13:y:2005:i:4:p:279-288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.