Monge-Kantorovich Depth, Quantiles, Ranks and Signs
We propose new concepts of statistical depth, multivariate quantiles,ranks and signs, based on canonical transportation maps between a distributionof interest on IRd and a reference distribution on the d-dimensionalunit ball. The new depth concept, called Monge-Kantorovich depth, specializesto halfspace depth in the case of elliptical distributions, but, for more generaldistributions, differs from the latter in the ability for its contours to account fornon convex features of the distribution of interest. We propose empirical counterpartsto the population versions of those Monge-Kantorovich depth contours,quantiles, ranks and signs, and show their consistency by establishing a uniformconvergence property for transport maps, which is of independent interest.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2015|
|Publication status:||Published by:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Av. F.D., Roosevelt, 39, 1050 Bruxelles|
Phone: (32 2) 650 30 75
Fax: (32 2) 650 44 75
Web page: http://difusion.ulb.ac.be
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alfred Galichon & Marc Henry, 2012.
"Dual theory of choice under multivariate risks,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Alfred Galichon & Marc Henry, 2012. "Dual theory of choice under multivariate risks," Post-Print hal-01024582, HAL.
- Alfred Galichon & Ivar Ekeland & Marc Henry, 2009. "Comonotonic measures of multivariates risks," Working Papers hal-00401828, HAL.
- Ivar Ekeland & Alfred Galichon & Marc Henry, 2012. "Comonotonic measures of multivariate risks," Post-Print hal-01053550, HAL.
- Ivar Ekeland & Alfred Galichon & Marc Henry, 2012. "Comonotonic measures of multivariate risks," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Hassairi, Abdelhamid & Regaieg, Ons, 2008. "On the Tukey depth of a continuous probability distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(15), pages 2308-2313, October.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4tl22s9mc4b1h6b4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marc Hallin & Bas Werker, 2003. "Semiparametric efficiency, distribution-freeness, and invariance," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2119, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hallin, M. & Werker, B.J.M., 2003. "Semiparametric efficiency, distribution-freeness and invariance," Other publications TiSEM fe20db00-786a-4261-9999-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1998. "Numerical Methods in Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262100711, July.
- Hallin, Marc & Paindaveine, Davy, 2005. "Affine-invariant aligned rank tests for the multivariate general linear model with VARMA errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 122-163, March.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4tl22s9mc0p30p95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davy Paindaveine & Germain Van bever, 2013. "From Depth to Local Depth: A Focus on Centrality," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 108(503), pages 1105-1119, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2278 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marc Hallin & Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Siman, 2008. "Multivariate quantiles and multiple-output regression quantiles: from L1 optimization to halfspace depth," Working Papers ECARES 2008_042, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Šiman, 2010. "Multivariate quantiles and multiple-output regression quantiles: From L1 optimization to halfspace depth," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/127979, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Šiman, 2012. "Computing multiple-output regression quantile regions from projection quantiles," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 29-49, March.
- Oja, Hannu, 1983. "Descriptive statistics for multivariate distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(6), pages 327-332, October.
- Anil K. Ghosh & Probal Chaudhuri, 2005. "On Maximum Depth and Related Classifiers," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(2), pages 327-350.
- K. Mosler, 2003. "Central regions and dependency," Econometrics 0309004, EconWPA.
- Koshevoy, Gleb A., 2002. "The Tukey Depth Characterizes the Atomic Measure," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 360-364, November.
- Robert Serfling, 2002. "Quantile functions for multivariate analysis: approaches and applications," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 56(2), pages 214-232.
- Cuesta-Albertos, J.A. & Nieto-Reyes, A., 2008. "The random Tukey depth," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(11), pages 4979-4988, July.
- Paindaveine, Davy & Šiman, Miroslav, 2012. "Computing multiple-output regression quantile regions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 840-853. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/190592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.