Comonotonic measures of multivariates risks
We propose a multivariate extension of a well-known characterization by S. Kusuoka of regular and coherent risk measures as maximal correlation functionals. This involves an extension of the notion of comonotonicity to random vectors through generalized quantile functions. Moreover, we propose to replace the current law invari- ance, subadditivity and comonotonicity axioms by an equivalent property we call strong coherence and that we argue has more natural economic interpretation. Finally, we refor- mulate the computation of regular and coherent risk measures as an optimal transportation problem, for which we provide an algorithm and implementation.
|Date of creation:||06 Jul 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00401828/en/|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Touzi, Nizar & Meddeb, Moncef & Jouini, Elyès, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/353, Paris Dauphine University.
- Elyés Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004.
"Vector-valued coherent risk measures,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 531-552, November.
- Elyès Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00167154, HAL.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2006. "Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property," Post-Print halshs-00176522, HAL.
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 269-298, 04.
- Rüschendorf Ludger, 2006. "Law invariant convex risk measures for portfolio vectors," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 12, July.
- Touzi, Nizar & Schachermayer, Walter & Jouini, Elyès, 2006. "Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/342, Paris Dauphine University.
- Burgert, Christian & Ruschendorf, Ludger, 2006. "Consistent risk measures for portfolio vectors," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 289-297, April.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00401828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.