Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property
S. Kusuoka [K 01, Theorem 4] gave an interesting dual characterizationof law invariant coherent risk measures, satisfying the Fatou property.The latter property was introduced by F. Delbaen [D 02]. In thepresent note we extend Kusuoka's characterization in two directions, thefirst one being rather standard, while the second one is somewhat surprising. Firstly we generalize — similarly as M. Fritelli and E. Rossaza Gianin [FG05] — from the notion of coherent risk measures to the more general notion of convex risk measures as introduced by H. F¨ollmer and A. Schied [FS 04]. Secondly — and more importantly — we show that the hypothesis of Fatou property may actually be dropped as it is automatically implied by the hypothesis of law invariance.We also introduce the notion of the Lebesgue property of a convex risk measure, where the inequality in the definition of the Fatou property is replaced by an equality, and give some dual characterizations of this property.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2006|
|Publication status:||Published in Advances in mathematical economics, 2006, pp.49-71|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00176522|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elyès Jouini & Clotilde Napp, 2004.
Decisions in Economics and Finance,
Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 27(2), pages 153-166, December.
- Volker Krätschmer, 2005. "Robust representation of convex risk measures by probability measures," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 597-608, October.
- E. Jouini & W. Schachermayer & N. Touzi, 2008. "Optimal Risk Sharing For Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 269-292.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2007. "Optimal Risk Sharing for Law Invariant Monetary Utility Functions," Working Papers halshs-00176606, HAL.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00176522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.