In this paper we propose a generalization of the comonotonicity notion by introducing and exploring the concept of conditional comonotonicity. We characterize this notion and we show on examples that conditional comonotonicity is the natural extension of the concept of comonotonicity to dynamic settings.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 27 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.amases.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/10203/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lars Hansen & Thomas Sargent & Thomas Tallarini, "undated".
"Robust Permanent Income and Pricing,"
GSIA Working Papers
1997-51, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Andrew B. Abel, 2001.
"An exploration of the effects of pessimism and doubt on asset returns,"
01-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Abel, Andrew B., 2002. "An exploration of the effects of pessimism and doubt on asset returns," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 1075-1092, July.
- Andrew B. Abel, 2001. "An Exploration of the Effects of Pessimism and Doubt on Asset Returns," NBER Working Papers 8132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip H. Dybvig, 1987.
"Distributional Analysis of Portfolio Choice,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
827R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jan 1988.
- Pok-sang Lam & Stephen G. Cecchetti & Nelson C. Mark, 2000.
"Asset Pricing with Distorted Beliefs: Are Equity Returns Too Good to Be True?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 787-805, September.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Pok-sang Lam & Nelson C. Mark, 1998. "Asset Pricing with Distorted Beliefs: Are Equity Returns Too Good To Be True?," NBER Working Papers 6354, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-161, October.
- Philip H. Dybvig, 1988.
"Inefficient Dynamic Portfolio Strategies or How to Throw Away a Million Dollars in the Stock Market,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 67-88.
- Philip H. Dybvig, 1987. "Inefficient Dynamic Portfolio Strategies or How to Throw Away a Million Dollars in the Stock Market," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 826R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jan 1988.
- Wang, Shaun & Dhaene, Jan, 1998. "Comonotonicity, correlation order and premium principles," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 235-242, July.
- A. Chateauneuf & R. Kast & A. Lapied, 1996.
"Choquet Pricing For Financial Markets With Frictions,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 323-330.
- Chateauneuf, A. & Kast, R. & Lapied, A., 1992. "Choquet Pricing for Financial Markets with Frictions," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 92a11, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:decfin:v:27:y:2004:i:2:p:153-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.