On elliptical quantiles in the quantile regression setup
This article defines a meaningful concept of elliptical location quantile with the aid of quantile regression, discusses its basic properties, and suggests its extension to a general regression framework through a locally constant nonparametric approach.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 116 (2013)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paindaveine, Davy & Siman, Miroslav, 2011.
"On directional multiple-output quantile regression,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 193-212, February.
- Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Siman, 2009. "On directional multiple-output quantile regression," Working Papers ECARES 2009_011, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Šiman, 2010.
"Multivariate quantiles and multiple-output regression quantiles: From L1 optimization to halfspace depth,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/127979, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Siman, 2008. "Multivariate quantiles and multiple-output regression quantiles: from L1 optimization to halfspace depth," Working Papers ECARES 2008_042, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Polonik, Wolfgang, 1997. "Minimum volume sets and generalized quantile processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 1-24, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521608275 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Paindaveine, Davy & Šiman, Miroslav, 2012. "Computing multiple-output regression quantile regions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 840-853.
- Ella Roelant & Stefan Aelst, 2007. "An L1-type estimator of multivariate location and shape," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 381-393, February.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521845731 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521496032 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ella Roelant & Stefan Aelst & Gert Willems, 2009. "The minimum weighted covariance determinant estimator," Metrika, Springer, vol. 70(2), pages 177-204, September.
- Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Šiman, 2012. "Computing multiple-output regression quantile regions from projection quantiles," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 29-49, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:116:y:2013:i:c:p:163-171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.