Computing multiple-output regression quantile regions
A procedure relying on linear programming techniques is developed to compute (regression) quantile regions that have been defined recently. In the location case, this procedure allows for computing halfspace depth regions even beyond dimension two. The corresponding algorithm is described in detail, and illustrations are provided both for simulated and real data. The efficiency of a Matlab implementation of the algorithm11The code can be downloaded from http://homepages.ulb.ac.be/~dpaindav. is also investigated through extensive simulations.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 56 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paindaveine, Davy & Siman, Miroslav, 2011.
"On directional multiple-output quantile regression,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 193-212, February.
- Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Siman, 2009. "On directional multiple-output quantile regression," Working Papers ECARES 2009_011, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Siman, 2008. "Multivariate quantiles and multiple-output regression quantiles: from L1 optimization to halfspace depth," Working Papers ECARES 2008_042, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Šiman, 2010. "Multivariate quantiles and multiple-output regression quantiles: From L1 optimization to halfspace depth," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/127979, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731.
- Roger Koenker & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001. "Quantile Regression," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 143-156, Fall.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275, September.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Wei, Ying, 2008. "An Approach to Multivariate Covariate-Dependent Quantile Contours With Application to Bivariate Conditional Growth Charts," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103, pages 397-409, March.
- Shi, Mingren & Lukas, Mark A., 2005. "Sensitivity analysis of constrained linear L1 regression: perturbations to response and predictor variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 779-802, April.
- Narula, Subhash C. & Wellington, John F., 2002. "Sensitivity analysis for predictor variables in the MSAE regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 355-373, August.
- Lukas, Mark A. & Shi, Mingren, 2006. "Sensitivity analysis of constrained linear L1 regression: Perturbations to constraints, addition and deletion of observations," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 1213-1231, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)