Candidate Stable Voting Rules for Separable Orderings
We consider the election model in which voters choose a subset from the set of candidates. Both voters and candidates are assumed to possess preferences with separable strict orderings. We investigate a rule satisfying candidate stability, which is the requirement to deter any candidate from strategic withdrawal. We show that a rule satisfies candidate stability if and only if it satisfies independence of the selection for each candidate.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6-1 Mihogaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0047|
Web page: http://www.iser.osaka-u.ac.jp/index-e.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lars Ehlers & John A. Weymark, 2003.
"Candidate stability and nonbinary social choice,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 22(2), pages 233-243, 09.
- Lars Ehlers & John A. Weymark, 2001. "Candidate Stability and Nonbinary Social Choice," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0113, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- EHLERS, Lars & WEYMARK, John A., 2001. "Candidate Stability and Nonbinary Social Choice," Cahiers de recherche 2001-30, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- John A. Weymark, 2000. "Candidate Stability and Nonbinary Social Choice," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0029, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Feb 2001.
- Salvador Barbera & Hugo Sonnenschein & Lin Zhou, 1990.
"Voting by Committees,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
941, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Eraslan, H.Hulya & McLennan, Andrew, 2004. "Strategic candidacy for multivalued voting procedures," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 29-54, July.
- Carmelo Rodríguez-Álvarez, 2006.
"Candidate stability and probabilistic voting procedures,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 27(3), pages 657-677, 04.
- Rodriguez-Alvarez, Carmelo, 2003. "Candidate Stability And Probabilistic Voting Procedures," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 667, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Jackson, Matthew O & Le Breton, Michel, 2001.
"Strategic Candidacy and Voting Procedures,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(4), pages 1013-37, July.
- D. Berga & G. Bergantiños & J. Massó & A. Neme, 2006.
"On Exiting After Voting,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 34(1), pages 33-54, April.
- Berga, Dolors & Bergantiños, Gustavo & Massó, Jordi & Neme, Alejandro, 2003. "On Exiting after Voting," Working Papers of the Department of Economics, University of Girona 6, Department of Economics, University of Girona.
- Biung-Ghi Ju, 2003. "A characterization of strategy-proof voting rules for separable weak orderings," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 21(3), pages 469-499, December.
- Rodriguez-Alvarez, Carmelo, 2003.
"Candidate Stability And Voting Correspondences,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
666, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Samejima, Yusuke, 2005. "Strategic candidacy, monotonicity, and strategy-proofness," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 190-195, August.
- Dolors Berga & Gustavo Bergantiños & Jordi Massó & Alejandro Neme, 2004. "Stability and voting by committees with exit," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 23(2), pages 229-247, October.
- Barbera, S. & Sonnenschein, H., 1988.
"Voting By Quota And Committee,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
95-88, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dpr:wpaper:0735. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.