Nuclear Power in the Twenty-First Century: An Assessment (Part I)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Midttun, Atle & Baumgartner, Thomas, 1986. "Negotiating energy futures The politics of energy forecasting," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 219-241, June.
- Lucas W. Davis, 2012. "Prospects for Nuclear Power," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 49-66, Winter.
- Christian von Hirschhausen & Felix Reitz, 2014. "Nuclear Power: Phase-Out Model Yet to Address Final Disposal Issue," DIW Economic Bulletin, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 4(8), pages 27-35.
- Grubler, Arnulf, 2010. "The costs of the French nuclear scale-up: A case of negative learning by doing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5174-5188, September.
- Lina Escobar Rangel and Francois Leveque, 2015. "Revisiting the Cost Escalation Curse of Nuclear Power: New Lessons from the French Experience," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Andreas Schröder & Friedrich Kunz & Jan Meiss & Roman Mendelevitch & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2013. "Current and Prospective Costs of Electricity Generation until 2050," Data Documentation 68, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Patrick Criqui & Sandrine Mathy & Jean-Charles Hourcade, 2015. "Pathways to deep decarbonization in France," CIRED Working Papers hal-01202005, HAL.
- Son Kim & Kenichi Wada & Atsushi Kurosawa & Matthew Roberts, 2014. "Nuclear energy response in the EMF27 study," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 443-460, April.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Harrington & John M. Vernon, 2005. "Economics of Regulation and Antitrust, 4th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 4, volume 1, number 026222075x.
- François Lévêque & Lina Escobar Rangel, 2015. "Revisiting the Cost Escalation Curse of Nuclear Power Generation: New Lessons from the French Experience," Post-Print hal-01260975, HAL.
- Claudia Kemfert & Thorsten Burandt & Karlo Hainsch & Konstantin Löffler & Pao-Yu Oei & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2017. "Nuclear Power Unnecessary for Climate Protection—There Are More Cost-Efficient Alternatives," DIW Economic Bulletin, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 7(48), pages 498-506.
- Christian von Hirschhausen & Clemens Gerbaulet & Claudia Kemfert & Felix Reitz & Cornelia Ziehm, 2015. "German Nuclear Phase-Out Enters the Next Stage: Electricity Supply Remains Secure - Major Challenges and High Costs for Dismantling and Final Waste Disposal," DIW Economic Bulletin, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 5(22/23), pages 293-301.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gerbaulet, Clemens & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Kemfert, Claudia & Lorenz, Casimir & Oei, Pao-Yu, 2019.
"European electricity sector decarbonization under different levels of foresight,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 973-987.
- Gerbaulet, C. & von Hirschhausen, C. & Kemfert, C. & Lorenz, C. & Oei, P.-Y., 2019. "European electricity sector decarbonization under different levels of foresight," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 973-987.
- Wealer, B. & Bauer, S. & Hirschhausen, C.v. & Kemfert, C. & Göke, L., 2021. "Investing into third generation nuclear power plants - Review of recent trends and analysis of future investments using Monte Carlo Simulation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 143(C).
- Ben Wealer & Simon Bauer & Leonard Göke & Christian von Hirschhausen & Claudia Kemfert, 2019. "Economics of Nuclear Power Plant Investment: Monte Carlo Simulations of Generation III/III+ Investment Projects," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1833, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Quentin Perrier, 2017. "The French Nuclear Bet," Working Papers 2017.18, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Samadi, Sascha, 2018. "The experience curve theory and its application in the field of electricity generation technologies – A literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 82(P3), pages 2346-2364.
- Lovering, Jessica R. & Yip, Arthur & Nordhaus, Ted, 2016. "Historical construction costs of global nuclear power reactors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 371-382.
- Perrier, Quentin, 2018. "The second French nuclear bet," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 858-877.
- Suna, Demet & Resch, Gustav, 2016. "Is nuclear economical in comparison to renewables?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 199-209.
- Matsuo, Yuhji & Nei, Hisanori, 2019. "An analysis of the historical trends in nuclear power plant construction costs: The Japanese experience," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 180-198.
- Quentin Perrier, 2017. "The French nuclear bet," CIRED Working Papers halshs-01487296, HAL.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2021. "Four Ways to Scale Up: Smart, Dumb, Forced, and Fumbled," Papers 2101.11104, arXiv.org.
- Sven-Olof Fridolfsson and Thomas P. Tangeras, 2015. "Nuclear Capacity Auctions," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Linares, Pedro & Conchado, Adela, 2013.
"The economics of new nuclear power plants in liberalized electricity markets,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(S1), pages 119-125.
- Adela Conchado & Pedro Linares, 2010. "The Economics of New Nuclear Power Plants in Liberalized Electricity Markets," Working Papers 04-2010, Economics for Energy.
- Roger Fouquet (ed.), 2013. "Handbook on Energy and Climate Change," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14429, September.
- Roger Fouquet, 2013. "Low-carbon economy: dark age or golden age?," Chapters, in: Roger Fouquet (ed.), Handbook on Energy and Climate Change, chapter 32, pages 682-708, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sascha Samadi, 2017. "The Social Costs of Electricity Generation—Categorising Different Types of Costs and Evaluating Their Respective Relevance," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-37, March.
- Jewell, Jessica & Vetier, Marta & Garcia-Cabrera, Daniel, 2019. "The international technological nuclear cooperation landscape: A new dataset and network analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 838-852.
- Sascha Samadi, 2016. "A Review of Factors Influencing the Cost Development of Electricity Generation Technologies," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-25, November.
- Christian von Hirschhausen & Claudia Kemfert & Fabian Praeger, 2020. "Fossil Natural Gas Exit – A New Narrative for the European Energy Transformation towards Decarbonization," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1892, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Solveig Glomsrød & Taoyuan Wei & Torben Mideksa & Bjørn Samset, 2015. "Energy market impacts of nuclear power phase-out policies," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 20(8), pages 1511-1527, December.
More about this item
KeywordsNuclear power; technology; competitiveness; economies of scope; geopolitics;
All these keywords.
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2018-02-12 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-ENE-2018-02-12 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2018-02-12 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-REG-2018-02-12 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1700. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Bibliothek (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.