Historical construction costs of global nuclear power reactors
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harris, Grant & Heptonstall, Phil & Gross, Robert & Handley, David, 2013. "Cost estimates for nuclear power in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 431-442.
- John Rust & Geoffrey Rothwell, 1995. "Optimal Response to Shift in Regulatory Regime: the Case of the U.S. Nuclear Power Industry," Industrial Organization 9508002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lina Escobar Rangel and Francois Leveque, 2015. "Revisiting the Cost Escalation Curse of Nuclear Power: New Lessons from the French Experience," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Pan, Haoran & Kohler, Jonathan, 2007. "Technological change in energy systems: Learning curves, logistic curves and input-output coefficients," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 749-758, September.
- Barron, Robert & McJeon, Haewon, 2015. "The differential impact of low-carbon technologies on climate change mitigation cost under a range of socioeconomic and climate policy scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 264-274.
- Neij, Lena, 2008. "Cost development of future technologies for power generation--A study based on experience curves and complementary bottom-up assessments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 2200-2211, June.
- Rubin, Edward S. & Yeh, Sonia & Antes, Matt & Berkenpas, Michael & Davison, John, 2007. "Use of experience curves to estimate the future cost of power plants with CO2 capture," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt46x6h0n0, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- MacKerron, Gordon, 1992. "Nuclear costs : Why do they keep rising?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 641-652, July.
- Choi, Sungyeol & Jun, Eunju & Hwang, IlSoon & Starz, Anne & Mazour, Tom & Chang, SoonHeung & Burkart, Alex R., 2009. "Fourteen lessons learned from the successful nuclear power program of the Republic of Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5494-5508, December.
- Bolinger, Mark & Wiser, Ryan, 2012. "Understanding wind turbine price trends in the U.S. over the past decade," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 628-641.
- Rust, John & Rothwell, Geoffrey, 1995. "Optimal Response to a Shift in Regulatory Regime: The Case of the US Nuclear Power Industry," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(S), pages 75-118, Suppl. De.
- Söderholm, Patrik & Sundqvist, Thomas, 2007. "Empirical challenges in the use of learning curves for assessing the economic prospects of renewable energy technologies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(15), pages 2559-2578.
- Paul Joskow & Nancy L. Rose, 1985. "The Effects of Technological Change, Experience, and Environmental Regulation on the Construction Cost of Coal-Burning Generating Units," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 1-17, Spring.
- Tooraj Jamasb, 2007. "Technical Change Theory and Learning Curves: Patterns of Progress in Electricity Generation Technologies," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 51-72.
- Berthélemy, Michel & Escobar Rangel, Lina, 2015.
"Nuclear reactors' construction costs: The role of lead-time, standardization and technological progress,"
Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 118-130.
- Michel Berthélemy & Lina Escobar Rangel, 2013. "Nuclear reactors' construction costs: The role of lead-time, standardization and technological progress," Working Papers hal-00956292, HAL.
- Bosetti, Valentina & Marangoni, Giacomo & Borgonovo, Emanuele & Diaz Anadon, Laura & Barron, Robert & McJeon, Haewon C. & Politis, Savvas & Friley, Paul, 2015.
"Sensitivity to energy technology costs: A multi-model comparison analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 244-263.
- Valentina Bosetti & Giacomo Marangoni & Emanuele Borgonovo & Laura Diaz Anadon & Robert Barron & Haewon C. McJeon & Savvas Politis & Paul Friley, 2015. "Sensitivity to Energy Technology Costs: A Multi-model Comparison Analysis," Working Papers 2015.98, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Grubler, Arnulf, 2010. "The costs of the French nuclear scale-up: A case of negative learning by doing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5174-5188, September.
- [multiple or corporate authorship]., 2014. "CASE annual report 2013," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58040, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- McNerney, James & Doyne Farmer, J. & Trancik, Jessika E., 2011. "Historical costs of coal-fired electricity and implications for the future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3042-3054, June.
- Kahouli, Sondès, 2011. "Effects of technological learning and uranium price on nuclear cost: Preliminary insights from a multiple factors learning curve and uranium market modeling," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 840-852, September.
- Seel, Joachim & Barbose, Galen L. & Wiser, Ryan H., 2014. "An analysis of residential PV system price differences between the United States and Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 216-226.
- H. Stuart Burness & W. David Montgomery & James P. Quirk, 1980. "The Turnkey Era in Nuclear Power," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 56(2), pages 188-202.
- Koomey, Jonathan & Hultman, Nathan E., 2007. "A reactor-level analysis of busbar costs for US nuclear plants, 1970-2005," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5630-5642, November.
- Nikolaos Kouvaritakis & Antonio Soria & Stephane Isoard, 2000. "Modelling energy technology dynamics: methodology for adaptive expectations models with learning by doing and learning by searching," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 14(1/2/3/4), pages 104-115.
- Martin B. Zimmerman, 1982. "Learning Effects and the Commercialization of New Energy Technologies: The Case of Nuclear Power," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 297-310, Autumn.
- Phung, Doan L., 1985. "Economics of nuclear power: Past record, present trends and future prospects," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 10(8), pages 917-934.
- Benjamin D. Leibowicz & Maria Roumpani & Peter H. Larsen, 2013. "Carbon Emissions Caps and the Impact of a Radical Change in Nuclear Electricity Costs," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(1), pages 60-74.
- Boccard, Nicolas, 2014.
"The cost of nuclear electricity: France after Fukushima,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 450-461.
- Nicolas Boccard, 2013. "The Cost of Nuclear Electricity: France after Fukushima," CEPR Discussion Papers 687, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- François Lévêque & Lina Escobar Rangel, 2015. "Revisiting the Cost Escalation Curse of Nuclear Power Generation: New Lessons from the French Experience," Post-Print hal-01260975, HAL.
- John M. Marshall & Peter Navarro, 1991. "Costs of Nuclear Power Plant Construction: Theory and New Evidence," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(1), pages 148-154, Spring.
- Clarke, Leon & Weyant, John & Birky, Alicia, 2006. "On the sources of technological change: Assessing the evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(5-6), pages 579-595, November.
- Cantor, Robin & Hewlett, James, 1988. "The economics of nuclear power : Further evidence on learning, economies of scale, and regulatory effects," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 315-335, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lovering, Jessica R. & Nordhaus, Ted & Yip, Arthur, 2017. "Apples and oranges: Comparing nuclear construction costs across nations, time periods, and technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 650-654.
- Bistline, John E., 2016. "Energy technology R&D portfolio management: Modeling uncertain returns and market diffusion," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1181-1196.
- Sascha Samadi, 2016. "A Review of Factors Influencing the Cost Development of Electricity Generation Technologies," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-25, November.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:2346-2364 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:5:p:833-:d:98793 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koomey, Jonathan & Hultman, Nathan E. & Grubler, Arnulf, 2017. "A reply to “Historical construction costs of global nuclear power reactors”," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 640-643.
- Rhodes, Joshua D. & King, Carey & Gulen, Gürcan & Olmstead, Sheila M. & Dyer, James S. & Hebner, Robert E. & Beach, Fred C. & Edgar, Thomas F. & Webber, Michael E., 2017. "A geographically resolved method to estimate levelized power plant costs with environmental externalities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 491-499.
- Sascha Samadi, 2017. "The Social Costs of Electricity Generation—Categorising Different Types of Costs and Evaluating Their Respective Relevance," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-37, March.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:302-:d:128486 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:12:p:2169-:d:123388 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNuclear construction costs; Experience curves; International comparison;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:91:y:2016:i:c:p:371-382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.