How Does Fuel Taxation Impact New Car Purchases?: An Evaluation Using French Consumer-Level Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, Soren T. & Kellogg, Ryan & Sallee, James M., 2013.
"What do consumers believe about future gasoline prices?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 383-403.
- Soren T. Anderson & Ryan Kellogg & James M. Sallee, 2011. "What Do Consumers Believe About Future Gasoline Prices?," NBER Working Papers 16974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meghan R. Busse & Christopher R. Knittel & Florian Zettelmeyer, 2013. "Are Consumers Myopic? Evidence from New and Used Car Purchases," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(1), pages 220-256, February.
- Hunt Allcott & Nathan Wozny, 2014.
"Gasoline Prices, Fuel Economy, and the Energy Paradox,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 96(5), pages 779-795, December.
- Hunt Allcott & Jean-Nathan Wozny, 2010. "Gasoline Prices, Fuel Economy, and the Energy Paradox," Working Papers 1003, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Hunt Allcott & Nathan Wozny, 2012. "Gasoline Prices, Fuel Economy, and the Energy Paradox," NBER Working Papers 18583, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nathan Wozny & Hunt Allcott, 2011. "Gasoline Prices, Fuel Economy, and the Energy Paradox," 2011 Meeting Papers 222, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Laura Grigolon & Frank Verboven, 2014.
"Nested Logit or Random Coefficients Logit? A Comparison of Alternative Discrete Choice Models of Product Differentiation,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 96(5), pages 916-935, December.
- Grigolon, Laura & Verboven, Frank, 2011. "Nested logit or random coefficients logit? A comparison of alternative discrete choice models of product differentiation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8584, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Klier & Joshua Linn, 2011.
"Fuel Prices and New Vehicle Fuel Economy in Europe,"
1117, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Klier, Thomas & Linn, Joshua, 2011. "Fuel Prices and New Vehicle Fuel Economy in Europe," Discussion Papers dp-11-37, Resources For the Future.
- Bento, Antonio M. & Li, Shanjun & Roth, Kevin, 2012.
"Is there an energy paradox in fuel economy? A note on the role of consumer heterogeneity and sorting bias,"
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 44-48.
- Bento, Antonio M. & Li, Shanjun & Roth, Kevin, 2010. "Is There an Energy Paradox in Fuel Economy? A Note on the Role of Consumer Heterogeneity and Sorting Bias," Discussion Papers dp-10-56, Resources For the Future.
- Christopher R. Knittel & Konstantinos Metaxoglou, 2014. "Estimation of Random-Coefficient Demand Models: Two Empiricists' Perspective," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 96(1), pages 34-59, March.
- Steven T. Berry, 1994. "Estimating Discrete-Choice Models of Product Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 242-262, Summer.
- Xavier D'Haultfœuille & Pauline Givord & Xavier Boutin, 2014.
"The Environmental Effect of Green Taxation: The Case of the French Bonus/Malus,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(578), pages 444-480, August.
- Xavier d'Haultfoeuille & Pauline Givord & Xavier Boutin, 2012. "The environmental Effect of Green Taxation : The case of the french "Bonus/Malus"," Working Papers 2012-13, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Austin, David & Dinan, Terry, 2005. "Clearing the air: The costs and consequences of higher CAFE standards and increased gasoline taxes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 562-582, November.
- Hivert, Laurent, 2013. "Short-term break in the French love for diesel?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 11-22.
- Cardell, N. Scott, 1997. "Variance Components Structures for the Extreme-Value and Logistic Distributions with Application to Models of Heterogeneity," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 185-213, April.
- Thomas Klier & Joshua Linn, 2010. "The Price of Gasoline and New Vehicle Fuel Economy: Evidence from Monthly Sales Data," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 134-153, August.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
- Frank Verboven, 1996. "International Price Discrimination in the European Car Market," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 240-268, Summer.
- Dongling Huang & Christian Rojas, 2013. "The Outside Good Bias in Logit Models of Demand with Aggregate Data," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 198-206.
- Frank Verboven, 2002. "Quality-Based Price Discrimination and Tax Incidence: Evidence from Gasoline and Diesel Cars," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(2), pages 275-297, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsFuel prices; automobiles; carbon dioxide emissions; environmental tax;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2014-12-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2014-12-24 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2014-12-24 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-PBE-2014-12-24 (Public Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2014-12-24 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .