The environmental Effect of Green Taxation : The case of the french "Bonus/Malus"
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Xavier D'Haultfœuille & Pauline Givord & Xavier Boutin, 2014. "The Environmental Effect of Green Taxation: The Case of the French Bonus/Malus," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(578), pages 444-480, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Soren T. Anderson & James M. Sallee, 2011.
"Using Loopholes to Reveal the Marginal Cost of Regulation: The Case of Fuel-Economy Standards,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1375-1409, June.
- Soren T. Anderson & James M. Sallee, 2009. "Using Loopholes to Reveal the Marginal Cost of Regulation: The Case of Fuel-Economy Standards," Working Papers 0901, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Fullerton, Don & West, Sarah E., 2002.
"Can Taxes on Cars and on Gasoline Mimic an Unavailable Tax on Emissions?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 135-157, January.
- Don Fullerton & Sarah West, 1999. "Can Taxes on Cars and on Gasoline Mimic an Unavailable Tax on Emissions?," NBER Working Papers 7059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maxim Engers & Monica Hartmann & Steven Stern, 2009. "Annual miles drive used car prices," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 1-33.
- Cardell, N. Scott, 1997. "Variance Components Structures for the Extreme-Value and Logistic Distributions with Application to Models of Heterogeneity," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 185-213, April.
- Jerome Adda & Russell Cooper, 2000.
"Balladurette and Juppette: A Discrete Analysis of Scrapping Subsidies,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 778-806, August.
- Jerome Adda & Russell Cooper, 1997. "Balladurette and Juppette: A Discrete Analysis of Scrapping Subsidies," Papers 0076, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Adda, Jérôme & Cooper, Russell W., 1997. "Balladurette and jupette: a discrete analysis of scrapping subsidies," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9711, CEPREMAP.
- Jerome Adda & Russell Cooper, 1997. "Balladurette and Juppette: A Discrete Analysis of Scrapping Subsidies," NBER Working Papers 6048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greene, David L. & Patterson, Philip D. & Singh, Margaret & Li, Jia, 2005. "Feebates, rebates and gas-guzzler taxes: a study of incentives for increased fuel economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 757-775, April.
- Sallee, James M. & Slemrod, Joel, 2012.
"Car notches: Strategic automaker responses to fuel economy policy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(11), pages 981-999.
- James M. Sallee & Joel Slemrod, 2010. "Car Notches: Strategic Automaker Responses to Fuel Economy Policy," NBER Working Papers 16604, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peters, Anja & Mueller, Michel G. & de Haan, Peter & Scholz, Roland W., 2008. "Feebates promoting energy-efficient cars: Design options to address more consumers and possible counteracting effects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1355-1365, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline, 2015. "La fiscalité environnementale en France peut-elle devenir réellement écologique ?. État des lieux et conditions d’acceptabilité," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 129-165.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:155:y:2017:i:c:p:93-107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Galarraga, Ibon & Abadie, Luis M. & Kallbekken, Steffen, 2016. "Designing incentive schemes for promoting energy-efficient appliances: A new methodology and a case study for Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 24-36.
- Bénédicte Meurisse, 2015.
"On the relevance of differentiated car purchase taxes in light of the rebound effect,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2015-24, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Bénédicte Meurisse, 2015. "On the relevance of differentiated car purchase taxes in light of the rebound effect," Working Papers 1512, Chaire Economie du climat.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:88:y:2018:i:c:p:234-258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee Schipper & Calanit Saenger & Anant Sudardshan, 2011. "Transport and Carbon Emissions in the United States: The Long View," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-19, March.
- Font Vivanco, David & Kemp, René & van der Voet, Ester, 2016. "How to deal with the rebound effect? A policy-oriented approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 114-125.
- van den Bijgaart, Inge, 2016. "Essays in environmental economics and policy," Other publications TiSEM 298bee2a-cb08-4173-9fe1-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Travesset-Baro, Oriol & Gallachóir, Brian P.Ó. & Jover, Eric & Rosas-Casals, Marti, 2016. "Transport energy demand in Andorra. Assessing private car futures through sensitivity and scenario analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 78-92.
- D’Haultfœuille, Xavier & Durrmeyer, Isis & Février, Philippe, 2016. "Disentangling sources of vehicle emissions reduction in France: 2003–2008," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 186-229.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:69:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0067-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anna Alberini & Markus Bareit, 2016. "The Effect of Registration Taxes on New Car Sales and Emissions: Evidence from Switzerland," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/245, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Rachel Croson & Nicolas Treich, 2014. "Behavioral Environmental Economics: Promises and Challenges," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 58(3), pages 335-351, July.
- Anna Alberini, Markus Bareit and Massimo Filippini, 2016. "What is the Effect of Fuel Efficiency Information on Car Prices? Evidence from Switzerland," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Davide Cerruti & Anna Alberini & Joshua Linn, 2017. "Charging Drivers by the Pound: The Effects of the UK Vehicle Tax System," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 17/271, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Proost, Stef & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2015. "Skilled Cities, Regional Disparities, and Efficient Transport: The state of the art and a research agenda," CEPR Discussion Papers 10790, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eliasson, Jonas & Pyddoke, Roger & Swärdh, Jan-Erik, 2016. "Distributional effects of taxes on car fuel, use, ownership and purchases," Working papers in Transport Economics 2016:11, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- D'Haultfoeuille, Xavier & Durrmeyer, Isis & Février, Philippe, 2013.
"The Effect of Public Policies on Consumers' Preferences: Lessons from the French Automobile Market,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
422, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Xavier d'Haultfoeuille & Isis Durrmeyer & Philippe Février, 2013. "The Effect of Public Policies on Consumers' Preferences : Lessons from the French Automobile Market," Working Papers 2013-14, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Pauline Givord & Céline Grislain-Letrémy & Helene Naegele, 2014. "How Does Fuel Taxation Impact New Car Purchases?: An Evaluation Using French Consumer-Level Data," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1428, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Anna Alberini & Markus Bareit & Adan Martinez-Cruz & Massimo Filippini, 2016. "The Impact of Emissions-Based Taxes on the Retirement of Used and Inefficient Vehicles: The Case of Switzerland," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/257, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental taxation; automobiles; carbon dioxide emissions; policy evaluation;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2012-10-06 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-10-06 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2012-10-06 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2012-10-06 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2012-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sri Srikandan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crestfr.html .