The relation between public manager compensation and members of parliament’s salary across OECD countries: explorative analysis and possible determinants with public policy implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caselli, Francesco & Morelli, Massimo, 2004.
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 759-782, March.
- Caselli, Francesco & Morelli, Massimo, 2000. "Bad Politicians," CEPR Discussion Papers 2402, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Caselli & Massimo Morelli, 2001. "Bad Politicians," NBER Working Papers 8532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Caselli & Massimo Morelli, 2000. "Bad politicians," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 134, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Alesina, Alberto & Tabellini, Guido, 2008.
"Bureaucrats or politicians? Part II: Multiple policy tasks,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 426-447, April.
- Alberto Alesina & Guido Tabellini, 2007. "Bureaucrats or Politicians? Part II: Multiple Policy Tasks," Levine's Working Paper Archive 321307000000000875, David K. Levine.
- Messner, Matthias & Polborn, Mattias K., 2004. "Paying politicians," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 2423-2445, December.
- Mark Friedman, 2008. "Living Wage and Optimal Inequality in a Sarkarian Framework," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 66(1), pages 93-111.
- Mario Coccia & Emanuele Cadario, 2014. "Organisational (un)learning of public research labs in turbulent context," International Journal of Innovation and Learning, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 15(2), pages 115-129.
- Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2009. "Shareholder Rights, Boards, and CEO Compensation," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 13(1), pages 81-113.
- Kotakorpi, Kaisa & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011.
"Pay for politicians and candidate selection: An empirical analysis,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 877-885, August.
- Kotakorpi, Kaisa & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011. "Pay for politicians and candidate selection: An empirical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 877-885.
- Kotakorpi, Kaisa & Poutvaara, Panu, 2009. "Pay for Politicians and Candidate Selection: An Empirical Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 4235, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kotakorpi, Kaisa & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011. "Pay for politicians and candidate selection: An empirical analysis," Munich Reprints in Economics 19489, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Kaisa Kotakorpi & Panu Poutvaara, 2010. "Pay for Politicians and Candidate Selection: An Empirical Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 3126, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:jebusi:v:67:y:2013:i:c:p:67-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arantxa Jarque, 2008. "CEO compensation : trends, market changes, and regulation," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 265-300.
- Coccia Mario & Rolfo Secondo, 2002. "Size and research performance: Analysis of the Italian National Research Council," CERIS Working Paper 200205, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Schumacher, Ingmar, 2013.
"Political stability, corruption and trust in politicians,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 359-369.
- Ingmar Schumacher, 2012. "Political Stability, Corruption and Trust in Politicians," Working Papers hal-00763327, HAL.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1982. "Authority, Control, and the Distribution of Earnings," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 311-323, Autumn.
- Mario Coccia & Secondo Rolfo, 2009. "Project management in public research organisations: strategic change in complex scenarios," International Journal of Project Organisation and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 235-252.
- Mario Coccia, 2005. "Countrymetrics: valutazione della performance economica e tecnologia dei paesi e posizionamento dell’Italia," Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali, Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 113(3), pages 377-412.
- Coccia, Mario, 2008. "Measuring scientific performance of public research units for strategic change," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 183-194.
- Dittmann, Ingolf & Maug, Ernst & Zhang, Dan, 2011. "Restricting CEO pay," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 1200-1220, September.
- Mario Coccia, 2007. "A new taxonomy of country performance and risk based on economic and technological indicators," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 10, pages 29-42, May.
- Bushman, Robert M. & Smith, Abbie J., 2001. "Financial accounting information and corporate governance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 237-333, December.
- Gao, Huasheng & Li, Kai, 2015. "A comparison of CEO pay–performance sensitivity in privately-held and public firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 370-388.
- Mario Coccia, 2005. "A taxonomy of public research bodies: A systemic approach," Prometheus, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 63-82.
- Mario Coccia, 2008. "New organisational behaviour of public research institutions: lessons learned from Italian case study," International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(4), pages 402-419.
More about this item
KeywordsCompensation; Rewards; Wage for politicians; Pay for politicians; Bureaucracy; Public Managers; Executive; Public Administration; Public Policy;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-04-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-LMA-2017-04-02 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-POL-2017-04-02 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csc:ircrqu:201702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Perin) or (Giancarlo Birello). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cerisit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.