Size and research performance: Analysis of the Italian National Research Council
Beginning with the recent reorganisation of the principal Italian public research bodies, which has led to the founding of larger labs, this paper evaluates the presence of statistically significant relationships between the dimensions of the research bodies and the performance of the same. The results of this research can be divided into three parts. The first concerns the descriptive-explorative analysis of the data; the second and third sections, based on the aforementioned data, will present the principal results obtained from the modelling activities with multiple regression and inference, both aimed at analysing the dynamics of the performance as the dimensions of the organisation change.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ceris.cnr.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hare, Paul & Wyatt, Geoffrey, 1988. "Modelling the determination of research output in British universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 315-328, December.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521269124 is not listed on IDEAS
- G. Johnes & J. Johnes, .
"Measuring the Research Performance of UK Economics Departments: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis,"
ec17/90, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Johnes, Geraint & Johnes, Jill, 1993. "Measuring the Research Performance of UK Economics Departments: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(2), pages 332-47, April.
- Hare, Paul G & Wyatt, Geoffrey, 1992. "Economics of Academic Research and Its Implications for Higher Education," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 48-66, Summer.
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2000. "The dynamics of innovation: from National Systems and "Mode 2" to a Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 109-123, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csc:cerisp:200205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enrico Viarisio)or (Anna Perin) or (Giancarlo Birello)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.