Size and research performance: Analysis of the Italian National Research Council
Beginning with the recent reorganisation of the principal Italian public research bodies, which has led to the founding of larger labs, this paper evaluates the presence of statistically significant relationships between the dimensions of the research bodies and the performance of the same. The results of this research can be divided into three parts. The first concerns the descriptive-explorative analysis of the data; the second and third sections, based on the aforementioned data, will present the principal results obtained from the modelling activities with multiple regression and inference, both aimed at analysing the dynamics of the performance as the dimensions of the organisation change.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Real Collegio, 30 10024 - Moncalieri TO|
Web page: http://www.ircres.cnr.it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2000. "The dynamics of innovation: from National Systems and "Mode 2" to a Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 109-123, February.
- Johnes, Geraint & Johnes, Jill, 1993.
"Measuring the Research Performance of UK Economics Departments: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 45(2), pages 332-347, April.
- G. Johnes & J. Johnes, "undated". "Measuring the Research Performance of UK Economics Departments: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis," Working Papers ec17/90, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Hare, Paul G & Wyatt, Geoffrey, 1992. "Economics of Academic Research and Its Implications for Higher Education," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 48-66, Summer.
- Hare, Paul & Wyatt, Geoffrey, 1988. "Modelling the determination of research output in British universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 315-328, December.
- Spanos,Aris, 1986. "Statistical Foundations of Econometric Modelling," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521269124, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csc:cerisp:200205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Perin)or (Giancarlo Birello)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.