Socioeconomic driving forces of scientific research
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mario Coccia & Greta Falavigna & Alessandro Manello, 2015. "The impact of hybrid public and market-oriented financing mechanisms on the scientific portfolio and performances of public research labs: a scientometric analysis," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 102(1), pages 151-168, January.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1974. "Science, Invention and Economic Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 84(333), pages 90-108, March.
- Grit Laudel, 2006. "The art of getting funded: How scientists adapt to their funding conditions," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(7), pages 489-504, August.
- Brent Goldfarb, 2005. "Diffusion of general-purpose technologies: understanding patterns in the electrification of US Manufacturing 1880--1930," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(5), pages 745-773, October.
- Mario Coccia & Emanuele Cadario, 2014. "Organisational (un)learning of public research labs in turbulent context," International Journal of Innovation and Learning, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 15(2), pages 115-129.
- Marios Zachariadis, 2004. "R&D‐induced Growth in the OECD?," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 423-439, August.
- David M. Blank & George J. Stigler, 1957. "The Demand and Supply of Scientific Personnel," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number blan57-1, Juni.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maskin, Eric, 1987. "The Simple Economics of Research Portfolios," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(387), pages 581-595, September.
- Cavallo, Eugenio & Ferrari, Ester & Bollani, Luigi & Coccia, Mario, 2014. "Attitudes and behaviour of adopters of technological innovations in agricultural tractors: A case study in Italian agricultural system," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 44-54.
- Gibbons, Michael & Johnston, Ron, 1974. "The roles of science in technological innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 220-242, November.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2006.
"Is War Necessary for Economic Growth?: Military Procurement and Technology Development,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195188042.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2006. "Is War Necessary for Economic Growth? Military Procurement and Technology Development," Staff Papers 13534, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R & Siegel, Donald, 1991.
"The Impact of R&D Investment on Productivity--New Evidence Using Linked R&D-LRD Data,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 203-229, April.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg & Donald Siegel, 1989. "The Impact of R&D Investment On Productivity - New Evidence Using Linked R&D-LRD Data," NBER Working Papers 2901, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Secondo Rolfo & Mario Coccia, 2005. "L'interazione fra ricerca pubblica e industria in Italia," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 4, pages 657-674.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Mairesse, Jacques, 1995.
"Exploring the relationship between R&D and productivity in French manufacturing firms,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 263-293, January.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Jacques Mairesse, 1992. "Exploring the Relationship Between R&D and Productivity in French Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 3956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mario Coccia, 2009. "A New Approach for Measuring and Analysing Patterns of Regional Economic Growth: Empirical Analysis in Italy," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 8(2), pages 71-95.
- Stephan, Paula E., 2010. "The Economics of Science," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 217-273, Elsevier.
- Adams, James D, 1990. "Fundamental Stocks of Knowledge and Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 673-702, August.
- Mario Coccia & Secondo Rolfo, 2009. "Project management in public research organisations: strategic change in complex scenarios," International Journal of Project Organisation and Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 235-252.
- Mario Coccia, 2005. "Countrymetrics: valutazione della performance economica e tecnologia dei paesi e posizionamento dell’Italia," Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali, Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 113(3), pages 377-412.
- Coccia, Mario, 2008. "Measuring scientific performance of public research units for strategic change," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 183-194.
- Giovanni Amendola & Giovanni Dosi & Erasmo Papagni, 1993. "The dynamics of international competitiveness," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(3), pages 451-471, September.
- Mario Coccia, 2008. "New organisational behaviour of public research institutions: lessons learned from Italian case study," International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(4), pages 402-419.
- Brecard, Dorothee & Fougeyrollas, Arnaud & Le Mouel, Pierre & Lemiale, Lionel & Zagame, Paul, 2006. "Macro-economic consequences of European research policy: Prospects of the Nemesis model in the year 2030," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 910-924, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SOG-2018-06-25 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1806.05028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.