A Union-Oligopoly Model of Endogenous Discrimination:Should it be wage discrimination taxed or discriminated employment subsidized?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Emmanuel Petrakis & Minas Vlassis, 2004.
"Endogenous wage bargaining institutions in oligopolistic sectors,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 24(1), pages 55-73, July.
- Emmanuel Petrakis & Minas Vlassis, "undated". "Endogenous Wage-Bargaining Institutions in Oligopolistic Sectors," Working Papers 0105, University of Crete, Department of Economics, revised 00 Dec 2001.
- Timothy Hinks & Duncan Watson, 2001. "A multinomial logit nondiscriminatory approach to estimating racial wage and occupational discrimination," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 605-612.
- Swinton, David H, 1977. "A Labor Force Competition Theory of Discrimination in the Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(1), pages 400-404, February.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1982. "The Microeconomic Theory of the Trade Union," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 576-595, September.
More about this item
KeywordsUnions; Oligopoly; Discriminatory Wage Contracts; Antidiscrimination Policy;
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crt:wpaper:0614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kostis Pigounakis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuchgr.html .