The Different Extent of Privatisation Proceeds in EU Countries: A Preliminary Explanation Using a Public Choice Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ansgar Belke & Frank Baumgärtner & Friedrich G. Schneider & Ralph Setzer, 2006. "The different extent of privatisation proceeds in EU countries: A preliminary explanation using a public choice approach," Economics working papers 2006-06, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Ansgar Belke & Frank Baumgärtner & Friedrich Schneider & Ralph Setzer, 2005. "The Different Extent of Privatisation Proceeds in EU Countries: A Preliminary Explanation Using a Public Choice Approach," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 264/2005, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Ansgar Belke & Frank Baumgärtner & Friedrich Schneider & Ralph Setzer, 2005. "The Different Extent of Privatisation Proceeds in EU Countries: A Preliminary Explanation Using a Public Choice Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 1600, CESifo Group Munich.
- Belke, Ansgar H. & Baumgärtner, Frank & Schneider, Friedrich & Setzer, Ralph, 2005. "The Different Extent of Privatisation Proceeds in EU Countries: A Preliminary Explanation Using a Public Choice Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 1741, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Mosley, Layna, 2000. "Room to Move: International Financial Markets and National Welfare States," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(04), pages 737-773, September.
- Schmidt, Susanne K., 1998. "Liberalisierung in Europa: Die Rolle der Europäischen Kommission," Schriften aus dem Max-Planck-Institut für Gesellschaftsforschung Köln, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, volume 33, number 33.
- Bernardo Bortolotti & Marcella Fantini & Domenico Siniscalco, 2001. "Privatisation Around the World: New Evidence from Panel Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 600, CESifo Group Munich.
- World Bank, 2003. "World Development Indicators 2003," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13920, August.
- Stegarescu, Dan, 2004. "Public Sector Decentralization: Measurement Concepts and Recent International Trends," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-74, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jones, Steven L. & Megginson, William L. & Nash, Robert C. & Netter, Jeffry M., 1999. "Share issue privatizations as financial means to political and economic ends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 217-253, August.
- Bruno Biais & Enrico Perotti, 2002. "Machiavellian Privatization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 240-258, March.
- Perotti, Enrico C, 1995. "Credible Privatization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 847-859, September.
- Bortolotti, Bernardo & Siniscalco, Domenico, 2004. "The Challenges of Privatization: An International Analysis," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199249343.
- Friedrich Schneider & Ansgar Belke, 2004. "Privatization in Austria: Some theoretical reasons and performance measures," Economics working papers 2004-04, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Boix, Carles, 1997. "Privatizing the Public Business Sector in the Eighties: Economic Performance, Partisan Responses and Divided Governments," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(04), pages 473-496, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pareja-Alcaraz, Pablo, 2017. "Chinese investments in Southern Europe's energy sectors: Similarities and divergences in China's strategies in Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 700-710.
- Tetiana Maksimovna Bogolib, 2013. "The Public Sector Of Mixedeconomy In The Modern World," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 8(1), pages 125-136, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Union; panel analysis; partisan theory; privatisation proceeds; state-owned enterprises;
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2006-01-24 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2006-01-24 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2006-01-24 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cra:wpaper:2006-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna-Lea Werlen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cremach.html .