Chinese investments in Southern Europe's energy sectors: Similarities and divergences in China's strategies in Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Dreger & Yun Schüler-Zhou & Margot Schüller, 2017.
"Determinants of Chinese direct investments in the European Union,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(42), pages 4231-4240, September.
- Christian Dreger & Yun Schüler-Zhou & Margot Schüller, 2015. "Determinants of Chinese Direct Investments in the European Union," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1480, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Arjun Mahalingam & David Reiner, 2016. "Energy subsidies at times of economic crisis: A comparative study and scenario analysis of Italy and Spain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1608, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Sarkar, Sudipto, 2011.
"Managerial compensation and the underinvestment problem,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 308-315.
- Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Sarkar, Sudipto, 2011. "Managerial compensation and the underinvestment problem," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 308-315, January.
- Belke, Ansgar H. & Baumgärtner, Frank & Schneider, Friedrich & Setzer, Ralph, 2005.
"The Different Extent of Privatisation Proceeds in EU Countries: A Preliminary Explanation Using a Public Choice Approach,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1741, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ansgar Belke & Frank Baumgartner & Friedrich Schneider & Ralph Setzer, 2006. "The Different Extent of Privatisation Proceeds in EU Countries: A Preliminary Explanation Using a Public Choice Approach," CREMA Working Paper Series 2006-02, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Ansgar Belke & Frank Baumgärtner & Friedrich G. Schneider & Ralph Setzer, 2006. "The different extent of privatisation proceeds in EU countries: A preliminary explanation using a public choice approach," Economics working papers 2006-06, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Ansgar Belke & Frank Baumgärtner & Friedrich Schneider & Ralph Setzer, 2005. "The Different Extent of Privatisation Proceeds in EU Countries: A Preliminary Explanation Using a Public Choice Approach," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 264/2005, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Ansgar Belke & Frank Baumgärtner & Friedrich Schneider & Ralph Setzer, 2005. "The Different Extent of Privatisation Proceeds in EU Countries: A Preliminary Explanation Using a Public Choice Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 1600, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rabin Hattari & Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2011. "How Different are FDI and FPI Flows?: Does Distance Alter the Composition of Capital Flows?," Working Papers 092011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Hong, Lixuan & Zhou, Nan & Fridley, David & Raczkowski, Chris, 2013. "Assessment of China's renewable energy contribution during the 12th Five Year Plan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1533-1543.
- Haico EBBERS & Jianhong ZHANG, 2010. "Chinese investments in the EU," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 1, pages 187-206, December.
- Zhang, Xiaoxi & Daly, Kevin, 2011. "The determinants of China's outward foreign direct investment," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 389-398.
- R.K. Pattnaik & S.N.V. Siva Kumar, 2011. "Foreign Institutional Investor (Fii) Flows," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 46(1), pages 3-23, April.
- Barbara Pfeffer, 2008. "FDI and FPI - Strategic Complements?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200812, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Johnson, Andreas, 2006. "The Effects of FDI Inflows on Host Country Economic Growth," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 58, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- del Río, Pablo & Mir-Artigues, Pere, 2012. "Support for solar PV deployment in Spain: Some policy lessons," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 5557-5566.
- Hattari, Rabin & S. Rajan, Ramkishen, 2011. "How Different are FDI and FPI Flows?: Distance and Capital Market Integration," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 26, pages 499-525.
- Marcin Humanicki & Robert Kelm & Krzysztof Olszewski, 2013.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Foreign Portfolio Investment in the contemporary globalized world: should they be still treated separately?,"
NBP Working Papers
167, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Humanicki, Marcin & Kelm, Robert & Olszewski, Krzysztof, 2013. "Foreign Direct Investment and Foreign Portfolio Investment in the contemporary globalized world: should they be still treated separately?," MPRA Paper 58410, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2014.
- repec:arz:wpaper:eres2011-999 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oecd, 2011. "Does Investing in After-School Classes Pay Off?," PISA in Focus 3, OECD Publishing.
- Jiangyong Lu & Xiaohui Liu & Hongling Wang, 2011. "Motives for Outward FDI of Chinese Private Firms: Firm Resources, Industry Dynamics, and Government Policies," Management and Organization Review, The International Association for Chinese Management Research, vol. 7(2), pages 223-248, July.
- Wacker, Konstantin M., 2013. "On the measurement of foreign direct investment and its relationship to activities of multinational corporations," Working Paper Series 1614, European Central Bank.
- Zhang, Ying & Filippov, Sergey, 2009. "Internationalization of Chinese firms in Europe," MERIT Working Papers 041, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Lu, Jiangyong & Liu, Xiaohui & Wang, Hongling, 2011. "Motives for Outward FDI of Chinese Private Firms Firm Resources, Industry Dynamics, and Government Policies," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 223-248, July.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak & Huanhuan Zheng, 2015. "Chinese Outwards Mercantilism – the Art and Practice of Bundling," NBER Working Papers 21089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lo, Kevin, 2014. "A critical review of China's rapidly developing renewable energy and energy efficiency policies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 508-516.
- Amighini, Alessia A. & Rabellotti, Roberta & Sanfilippo, Marco, 2013. "Do Chinese state-owned and private enterprises differ in their internationalization strategies?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 312-325.
- Joseph Y. J. Chow & Amelia C. Regan, 2011. "Real Option Pricing of Network Design Investments," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(1), pages 50-63, February.
- Bailey, Warren & Kumar, Alok & Ng, David, 2011. "Behavioral biases of mutual fund investors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 1-27, October.
- Yuan, Jiahai & Xu, Yan & Zhang, Xingping & Hu, Zheng & Xu, Ming, 2014. "China's 2020 clean energy target: Consistency, pathways and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 692-700.
- Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti & Marco Sanfilippo, 2011. "Chinese FDI strategy in Italy: the 'Marco Polo' effect," International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(4), pages 277-291.
- Lv, Ping & Spigarelli, Francesca, 2015. "The integration of Chinese and European renewable energy markets: The role of Chinese foreign direct investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 14-26.
- Peter J Buckley & L Jeremy Clegg & Adam R Cross & Xin Liu & Hinrich Voss & Ping Zheng, 2007. "The determinants of Chinese outward foreign direct investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(4), pages 499-518, July.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; Foreign Portfolio Investment; China; Southern Europe; Energy sector; Renewable energies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:700-710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.