Abnormal Returns in Privatization Public Offerings: The case of Portuguese firms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Carla Vieira & Ana Paula Serra, 2005. "Abnormal Returns in Privatization Public Offerings: The Case of Portuguese Firms," Working Papers 2005.43, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
References listed on IDEAS
- Perotti, Enrico C. & van Oijen, Pieter, 2001.
"Privatization, political risk and stock market development in emerging economies,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 43-69, February.
- Enrico C. Perotti & Pieter van Oijen, 1999. "Privatization, Political Risk and Stock Market Development in Emerging Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 243, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Enrico C. Perotti & Pieter van Oijen, 1999. "Privatization, Political Risk and Stock Market Development in Emerging Economies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-033/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1997. "Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 341-372, March.
- Baron, David P, 1982. " A Model of the Demand for Investment Banking Advising and Distribution Services for New Issues," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(4), pages 955-976, September.
- Paul H. Malatesta & Kathryn L. DeWenter, 2001. "State-Owned and Privately Owned Firms: An Empirical Analysis of Profitability, Leverage, and Labor Intensity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 320-334, March.
- Kothari, S. P. & Warner, Jerold B., 1997. "Measuring long-horizon security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 301-339, March.
- Ritter, Jay R, 1991. " The Long-run Performance of Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 3-27, March.
- Bulent Aybar, C., 2002. "The long-term performance of privatization-related ADR issues," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 135-164, June.
- William L. Megginson & Robert C. Nash & Jeffry Netter & Adam L. Schwartz, 2000. "The Long-Run Return to Investors in Share Issue Privatizations," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 29(1), Spring.
- Jones, Steven L. & Megginson, William L. & Nash, Robert C. & Netter, Jeffry M., 1999. "Share issue privatizations as financial means to political and economic ends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 217-253, August.
- Bruno Biais & Enrico Perotti, 2002. "Machiavellian Privatization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 240-258, March.
- Perotti, Enrico C, 1995. "Credible Privatization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 847-859, September.
- Ana Paula Serra, 2002. "Event Study Tests: A brief survey," FEP Working Papers 117, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Anthony Boardman & Claude Laurin, 2000. "Factors affecting the stock price performance of share issued privatizations," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(11), pages 1451-1464.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Jenkinson, Tim & Ljungqvist, Alexander, 2001. "Going Public: The Theory and Evidence on How Companies Raise Equity Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780198295990.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leila Bateni & Farshid Asghari, 2014. "Study of Factors Affecting the Initial Public Offering (IPO) Price of the Shares on the Tehran Stock Exchange," Research in World Economy, Research in World Economy, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(2), pages 68-73, September.
- Henna Malik & Malik Muhammad Shehr Yar & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2017. "New Issues Puzzle: Experience from Karachi Stock Exchange," Working Papers id:12182, eSocialSciences.
- repec:spr:fininn:v:2:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1186_s40854-016-0032-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Haykel Hamdi & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Hassan Obeid, 2014. "The short- and long-term performance of privatization initial public offerings in Europe," Working Papers 2014-241, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:13:y:2007:i:1:p:65-80 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gmf:journl:y:2006:i:23:p:6-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Seiça). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fecucpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.