The short- and long-term performance of privatization initial public offerings in Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Menyah, Kojo & Paudyal, Krishna & Inyangete, Charles G., 1995. "Subscriber return, underpricing, and long-term performance of U.K. privatization initial public offers," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 473-495, December.
- Comstock, Arthur & Kish, Richard J. & Vasconcellos, Geraldo M., 2003. "The post-privatization financial performance of former state-owned enterprises," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 19-37, February.
- Paudyal, K. & Saadouni, B. & Briston, R. J., 1998. "Privatisation initial public offerings in Malaysia: Initial premium and long-term performance," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 427-451, November.
- Carla Vieira & Ana Paula Serra, 2006.
"Abnormal Returns in Privatization Public Offerings: The case of Portuguese firms,"
Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra, issue 23, pages 6-34, June.
- Carla Vieira & Ana Paula Serra, 2005. "Abnormal Returns in Privatization Public Offerings: The Case of Portuguese Firms," Working Papers 2005.43, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Massimo Florio & Katiuscia Manzoni, 2004. "Abnormal returns of UK privatizations: from underpricing to outperformance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 119-136.
- Narjess Boubakri & Jean-Claude Cosset, 1998. "The Financial and Operating Performance of Newly Privatized Firms: Evidence from Developing Countries," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1081-1110, June.
- Ranko Jelic & Richard Briston, 2003. "Privatisation Initial Public Offerings: the Polish Experience," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(4), pages 457-484.
- Blume, Marshall E. & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1983. "Biases in computed returns : An application to the size effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 387-404, November.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1997. "Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 341-372, March.
- Seung-Doo Choi & Inmoo Lee & William Megginson, 2010. "Do Privatization IPOs Outperform in the Long Run?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 39(1), pages 153-185, March.
- Baron, David P, 1982. " A Model of the Demand for Investment Banking Advising and Distribution Services for New Issues," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(4), pages 955-976, September.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R. & Rydqvist, Kristian, 1995. "Initial public offerings: International insights," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 139-140, May.
- Megginson, William L & Nash, Robert C & van Randenborgh, Matthias, 1994. " The Financial and Operating Performance of Newly Privatized Firms: An International Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 403-452, June.
- John D. Lyon & Brad M. Barber & Chih-Ling Tsai, 1999. "Improved Methods for Tests of Long-Run Abnormal Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 165-201, February.
- Ritter, Jay R., 1987. "The costs of going public," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 269-281, December.
- William L. Megginson & Robert C. Nash & Jeffry Netter & Adam L. Schwartz, 2000. "The Long-Run Return to Investors in Share Issue Privatizations," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 29(1), Spring.
- Jenkinson, Tim & Mayer, Colin, 1988. "The privatisation process in France and the U.K," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 482-490, March.
- Rock, Kevin, 1986. "Why new issues are underpriced," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 187-212.
- Perotti, Enrico C, 1995. "Credible Privatization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 847-859, September.
- Gajewski, Jean-François & Gresse, Carole, 2006. "A Survey of the European IPO Market," ECMI Papers 1207, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/8670 is not listed on IDEAS
- D'Souza, Juliet & Megginson, William & Nash, Robert, 2005. "Effect of institutional and firm-specific characteristics on post-privatization performance: Evidence from developed countries," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 747-766, October.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Ranko Jelic & Richard Briston, 1999. "Hungarian Privatisation Strategy and Financial Performance of Privatised Companies," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(9-10), pages 1319-1357.
- Dewenter, Kathryn L & Malatesta, Paul H, 1997. " Public Offerings of State-Owned and Privately-Owned Enterprises: An International Comparison," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1659-1679, September.
More about this item
Keywordsprivatization IPOs; short- and long-run performance; CAR; BHAR.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipg:wpaper:2014-241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipagpfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.