?La Grande Boucle?: Determinants of Success at the Tour de France
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Shmanske, 2000. "Gender, Skill, and Earnings in Professional Golf," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 1(4), pages 385-400, November.
- Leo Kahane, 2001. "Team and player effects on NHL player salaries: a hierarchical linear model approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(9), pages 629-632.
- Feess, Eberhard & Muehlheusser, Gerd, 2003. "Transfer fee regulations in European football," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 645-668, August.
- Idson, Todd L & Kahane, Leo H, 2000. "Team Effects on Compensation: An Application to Salary Determination in the National Hockey League," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(2), pages 345-357, April.
- Grier, Kevin B & Tollison, Robert D, 1990. "Arbitrage in a Basketball Economy," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 611-624.
- Sangit Chatterjee & Frederick Wiseman & Robert Perez, 2002. "Studying improved performance in golf," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(8), pages 1219-1227.
- Kahn, Lawrence M & Sherer, Peter D, 1988. "Racial Differences in Professional Basketball Players' Compensation," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 40-61, January.
- Preston, Ian & Szymanski, Stefan, 2000. "Racial Discrimination in English Football," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(4), pages 342-363, September.
- Michael A. Curme & Greg M. Daugherty, 2004. "Competition and Pay for National Hockey League Players Born in QuÃ©bec," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 5(2), pages 186-205, May.
- Hamilton, Jonathan & Romano, Richard E., 1998. "Equilibrium assignments in pairwise team contests: How to form political slates and tennis teams," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 101-114, February.
- Wallace Hendricks & Lawrence DeBrock & Roger Koenker, 2003. "Uncertainty, Hiring, and Subsequent Performance: The NFL Draft," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(4), pages 857-886, October.
- McCormick, Robert E. & Tollison, Robert D., 2001. "Why do black basketball players work more for less money?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 201-219, February.
- Robert Houston & Dennis Wilson, 2002. "Income, leisure and proficiency: an economic study of football performance," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(14), pages 939-943.
- Benno Torgler, 2004. "?Historical Excellence? in Football World Cup Tournaments: Empirical Evidence with Data From 1930 to 2002," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-18, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Grier, Kevin B. & Tollison, Robert D., 1994. "The rookie draft and competitive balance: The case of professional football," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 293-298, October.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
- Jan Magnus & Franc Klaassen, 1999. "The final set in a tennis match: Four years at Wimbledon," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 461-468.
- Gary Burtless, 1995. "The Case for Randomized Field Trials in Economic and Policy Research," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 63-84, Spring.
- Robert Hoffmann & Lee Chew Ging & Bala Ramasamy, 2002. "The Socio-Economic Determinants of International Soccer Performance," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 5, pages 253-272, November.
- R. Todd Jewell & Michael A. McPherson & David J. Molina, 2004. "Testing the Determinants of Income Distribution in Major League Baseball," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(3), pages 469-482, July.
- Mark Gius & Donn Johnson, 2000. "Race and compensation in professional football," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 73-75.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Torgler, Benno & Schmidt, Sascha L & Frey, Bruno S., 2006.
"The Power of Positional Concerns: A Panel Analysis,"
Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series
qt1z14v7zt, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Benno Torgler & Sascha L. Schmidt & Bruno S. Frey, 2007. "The Power of Positional Concerns: A Panel Analysis," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 212, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Benno Torgler & Sascha L. Schmidt & Bruno S. Frey, 2007. "The Power of Positional Concerns: A Panel Analysis," NCER Working Paper Series 11, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Benno Torgler & Sascha L. Schmidt & Bruno S. Frey, 2006. "The Power of Positional Concerns: A Panel Analysis," CREMA Working Paper Series 2006-19, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Tom Coupe & Olivier Gergaud, 2011. "Suspicious Blood and Performance in the 2010 Tour de France," Discussion Papers 43, Kyiv School of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordssport; cycling tour; Tour de France; team effect;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cra:wpaper:2004-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna-Lea Werlen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cremach.html .