Why do black basketball players work more for less money?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clark Nardinelli & Curtis Simon, 1990. "Customer Racial Discrimination in the Market for Memorabilia: The Case of Baseball," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 575-595.
- Andersen, Torben & La Croix, Sumner J, 1991. "Customer Racial Discrimination in Major League Baseball," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(4), pages 665-677, October.
- Daniel Marburger, 1996. "Racial discrimination and long-term contracts in major league baseball," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 83-94, September.
- Lindsay, Cotton M & Maloney, Michael T, 1988. "A Model and Some Evidence Concerning the Influence of Discrimination on Wages," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 645-660, October.
- Kahn, Lawrence M & Sherer, Peter D, 1988. "Racial Differences in Professional Basketball Players' Compensation," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 40-61, January.
- Clement, Robert C & McCormick, Robert E, 1989. "Coaching Team Production," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(2), pages 287-304, April.
- Lott, John R, Jr & Roberts, Russell D, 1991. "A Guide to the Pitfalls of Identifying Price Discrimination," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 14-23, January.
- Robert Brown & R. Jewell, 1995. "Race, revenues, and college basketball," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 75-90, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mongeon, Kevin & Winfree, Jason, 2012. "Comparison of television and gate demand in the National Basketball Association," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 72-79.
- Kahn, Lawrence M., 2009.
"The Economics of Discrimination: Evidence from Basketball,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3987, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2009. "The Economics of Discrimination: Evidence from Basketball," NCER Working Paper Series 40, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Scott Tainsky & Jason A. Winfree, 2010. "Discrimination and Demand: The Effect of International Players on Attendance in Major League Baseball," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 91(1), pages 117-128.
- Barry Reilly, 2014. "Labour market discrimination," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 15, pages 238-258 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3571 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:pubcho:v:171:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11127-017-0427-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Pedro Garcia-del-Barrio & Francesc Pujol, 2009. "The Rationality of Under-employing the Best-performing Soccer Players," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(3), pages 397-419, September.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3964 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bodvarsson, Orn B. & Partridge, Mark D., 2001. "A supply and demand model of co-worker, employer and customer discrimination," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 389-416, June.
- Richard C. K. Burdekin & Richard T. Hossfeld & Janet Kiholm Smith, 2005.
"Are NBA Fans Becoming Indifferent to Race? Evidence From the 1990s,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 6(2), pages 144-159, May.
- Richard C.K. Burdekin & Richard T. Hossfeld & Janet K. Smith, 2002. "Are NBA Fans Becoming Indifferent to Race? Evidence from the 1990s," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2002-12, Claremont Colleges.
- Benno Torgler, 2004. "?La Grande Boucle?: Determinants of Success at the Tour de France," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-22, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA), revised May 2005.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3679 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olugbenga Ajilore, 2014. "Do white NBA players suffer from reverse discrimination?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 558-566.
- D Berri & R Simmons, 2007. "Race and the evaluation of signal callers in the national football league," Working Papers 591147, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Philippe Cyrenne, 2013. "Player Salaries, Player Mobility and the Invariance Principle: Evidence from the National Hockey League," Departmental Working Papers 2013-04, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:44:y:2001:i:2:p:201-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.