Comparing the Socio-Economic Determinants of Men's and Women's International Soccer Performance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robert Hoffmann & Lee Chew Ging & Bala Ramasamy & Victor Matheson, 2003. "Comparing the Socio-Economic Determinants of Men's and Women's International Soccer Performance," CEABuR Working Papers 1, Centre for Europe-Asia Business Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 1999. "The growth effects of sport franchises, stadia, and arenas," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 601-624.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 1999. "An assessment of the economic impact of the american football championship, the Superbowl, on host communities," IASE Conference Papers 9903, International Association of Sports Economists.
- John J. Siegfried & Andrew Zimbalist, 2000. "The Economics of Sports Facilities and Their Communities," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 95-114, Summer.
- Robert A. Baade & Victor A. Matheson, 2001. "Home Run or Wild Pitch?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(4), pages 307-327, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mourão, Paulo Reis, 2008. "Local development and competitive soccer teams location. The Portuguese case," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 12, pages 135-143.
More about this item
Keywordswomen's football; soccer; FIFA World Ranking; amateur sports; gender inequality;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- I00 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2005-06-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2005-06-14 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hcx:wpaper:0508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deholus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .