International Women's Soccer and Gender Inequality: Revisited
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joshua Congdon-Hohman & Victor A. Matheson, 2013. "International women’s soccer and gender inequality: revisited," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Women in Sports, chapter 16, pages 345-364 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Joshua Congdon-Hohman & Victor Matheson, 2011. "International Women's Soccer and Gender Inequality: Revisited," Working Papers 1118, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael A. Leeds & Eva Marikova Leeds, 2009.
"International Soccer Success and National Institutions,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 10(4), pages 369-390, August.
- Eva Marikova Leeds & Michael A. Leeds, 2007. "International Soccer Success and National Institutions," Working Papers 0702, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Robert Hoffmann & Lee Chew Ging & Bala Ramasamy, 2004. "Olympic Success and ASEAN Countries," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 5(3), pages 262-276, August.
- Robert Hoffmann & Lee Chew Ging & Victor Matheson & Bala Ramasamy, 2006. "International women's football and gender inequality," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(15), pages 999-1001.
- Benno Torgler, 2004. "The Determinants of Women?s International Soccer Performances," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-19, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Michael W. Klein, 2002. "Work and Play: International Evidence of Gender Equality in Employment and Sports," NBER Working Papers 9081, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Houston & Dennis Wilson, 2002. "Income, leisure and proficiency: an economic study of football performance," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(14), pages 939-943.
- Andrew B. Bernard & Meghan R. Busse, 2004. "Who Wins the Olympic Games: Economic Resources and Medal Totals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 413-417, February.
- Robert Hoffmann & Lee Chew Ging & Bala Ramasamy, 2002. "The Socio-Economic Determinants of International Soccer Performance," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 5, pages 253-272, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seo-Young Cho, 2013.
"A League of Their Own: Female Soccer, Male Legacy and Women's Empowerment,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1267, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Seo-Young Cho, 2013. "A League of Their Own - Female Soccer, Male Legacy and Women's Empowerment," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 223, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0501 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordssoccer; football; gender inequality; FIFA World Ranking;
- I00 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General - - - General
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2011-08-15 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-08-15 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2011-08-15 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-SPO-2011-08-15 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hcx:wpaper:1107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deholus.html .