Uncertainty, Hiring, and Subsequent Performance: The NFL Draft
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maarten Vendrik & Christiane Schwieren, 2010.
"Identification, screening and stereotyping in labour market discrimination,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 141-171, March.
- Vendrik,Maarten C.M. & Schwieren,Christiane, 2005. "Identification, screening and stereotyping in labor market discrimination," Research Memorandum 013, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Vendrik, Maarten C.M. & Schwieren, Christiane, 2009. "Identification, Screening and Stereotyping in Labour Market Discrimination," IZA Discussion Papers 4571, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:105-119 is not listed on IDEAS
- R Simmons & D Berri, 2007. "Does it pay to specialize? The story from the Gridiron," Working Papers 591134, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Blasco, Sylvie & Pertold-Gebicka, Barbara, 2013.
"Employment policies, hiring practices and firm performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 12-24.
- Blasco, Sylvie & Pertold-Gebicka, Barbara, 2012. "Employment Policies, Hiring Practices and Firm Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 7013, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sylvie Blasco & Barbara Pertold-Gebicka, 2012. "Employment Policies, Hiring Practices and Firm Performance," Working Papers 2012-27, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Borghesi, Richard, 2008. "Allocation of scarce resources: Insight from the NFL salary cap," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 536-550.
- Dennis Coates & Babatunde Oguntimein, 2010.
"The Length and Success of NBA Careers: Does College Production Predict Professional Outcomes?,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 5(1), pages 4-26, February.
- Dennis Coates & Babatunde Oguntimein, 2008. "The Length and Success of NBA Careers: Does College Production Predict Professional Outcomes?," Working Papers 0806, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Oyer, Paul & Schaefer, Scott, 2011. "Personnel Economics: Hiring and Incentives," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier.
- Ichniowski, Casey & Preston, Anne, 2017.
"Does March Madness lead to irrational exuberance in the NBA draft? High-value employee selection decisions and decision-making bias,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 105-119.
- Casey Ichniowski & Anne E. Preston, 2012. "Does March Madness Lead to Irrational Exuberance in the NBA Draft? High-Value Employee Selection Decisions and Decision-Making Bias," NBER Working Papers 17928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Camelia M. Kuhnen & Paul Oyer, 2016.
"Exploration for Human Capital: Evidence from the MBA Labor Market,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(S2), pages 255-286.
- Kuhnen, Camelia M. & Oyer, Paul, 2014. "Exploration for Human Capital: Evidence from the MBA Labor Market," Research Papers 3042, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Camelia M. Kuhnen & Paul Oyer, 2015. "Exploration for Human Capital: Evidence from the MBA Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 20825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benno Torgler, 2004. "?La Grande Boucle?: Determinants of Success at the Tour de France," CREMA Working Paper Series 2004-22, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA), revised May 2005.
- David J. Berri & Brad R. Humphreys & Robert Simmons, 2013. "Valuing the blind side: pay and performance of offensive linemen in the National Football League," Chapters,in: The Econometrics of Sport, chapter 6, pages 99-114 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Scott Tainsky & Brian M. Mills & Jason A. Winfree, 2015.
"Further Examination of Potential Discrimination Among MLB Umpires,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 16(4), pages 353-374, May.
- Tainsky, Scott & Mills, Brian & Winfree, Jason A., 2012. "Further Examination of Potential Discrimination Among MLB Umpires," MPRA Paper 43234, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen Liang & Yili Hong & Bin Gu, 2017. "Home Bias in Global Employment," Working Papers 17-06, NET Institute.
- Kuhnen, Camelia M. & Oyer, Paul, 2012. "Exploration for human capital: Theory and evidence from the MBA labor market," MPRA Paper 39411, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Jie Yang, 2014. "Peer Enforcement in Teams: Evidence from High-Skill Professional Workers with Repeated Interactions," Working Papers 14-24, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Kevin G. Quinn & Melissa Geier & Anne Berkovitz, 2007. "Passing on Success? Productivity Outcomes for Quarterbacks Chosen in the 1999-2004 National Football League Player Entry Drafts," IASE Conference Papers 0711, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Julianne Treme & Samuel K. Allen, 2009. "Widely Received: Payoffs to Player Attributes in the NFL," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 1631-1643.
- Boulier, Bryan L. & Stekler, H.O. & Coburn, Jason & Rankins, Timothy, 2010.
"Evaluating National Football League draft choices: The passing game,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 589-605, July.
- Bryan L. Boulier & Herman O. Stekler & Jason Coburn & Timothy Rankins, 2009. "Evaluating National Football League Draft Choices: The Passing Game," Working Papers 2009-003, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting.
- repec:kap:revind:v:52:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11151-017-9602-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Borland, Jeff & Lee, Leng & Macdonald, Robert D., 2011. "Escalation effects and the player draft in the AFL," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 371-380, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlabec:v:21:y:2003:i:4:p:857-886. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.