A model of optimal growth strategy
In this paper we present an optimal growth model with convex-concave technology, for an open developing country. The latter may choose to produce consumption goods by borrowing on capital markets. We prove there exists two non trivial steady states. An optimal path converges either to 0 or to the high stedy-state. That depends on the levels of the initial debt and/or of the debt constraint. We prove also there exists a poverty trap if the time preference is very high.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +33(0) 1 43 13 62 30
Fax: +33(0) 1 43 13 62 32
Web page: http://www.cepremap.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Smulders, J.A., 1994.
"North-South knowledge spillovers and competition : Convergence versus divergence,"
1994-70, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van de Klundert, Theo & Smulders, Sjak, 1996. "North-South knowledge spillovers and competition: convergence versus divergence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 213-232, August.
- Robert J. Barro & N. Gregory Mankiw & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994.
"Capital mobility in Neoclassical models of growth,"
Economics Working Papers
82, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Barro, R.J. & Mankiw, N.G. & Sala-i-Martin, X., 1992. "Capital Mobility in Neoclassical Models of Growth," Papers 655, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Robert J. Barro & N. Gregory Mankiw & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1992. "Capital Mobility in Neoclassical Models of Growth," NBER Working Papers 4206, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R. & Mankiw, G., 1992. "Capital Mobility in Neoclassical Models of Growth," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1615, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Barro, Robert J. & Mankiw, N Gregory & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1994. "Capital Mobility in Neoclassical Models of Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1019, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Askenazy, P. & Le Van, C., 1997.
"A Model of Optimal Growth Strategy,"
DELTA Working Papers
97-27, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Costas Azariadis, 1996.
"The Economics of Poverty Traps Part One: Complete Markets,"
9606, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1996. " The Economics of Poverty Traps: Part One: Complete Markets," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 449-96, December.
- Dechert, W. Davis & Nishimura, Kazuo, 1983. "A complete characterization of optimal growth paths in an aggregated model with a non-concave production function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 332-354, December.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:105:y:1990:i:2:p:501-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:110:y:1995:i:3:p:641-80 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Cohen & Jeffrey Sachs, 1991.
"Growth and External Debt Under Risk of Debt Repudiation,"
in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 437-472
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cohen, Daniel & Sachs, Jeffrey, 1986. "Growth and external debt under risk of debt repudiation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 529-560, June.
- Daniel Cohen & Jeffrey Sachs, 1985. "Growth and External Debt Under Risk of Debt Repudiation," NBER Working Papers 1703, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Skiba, A K, 1978. "Optimal Growth with a Convex-Concave Production Function," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 527-39, May.
- Alwyn Young, 1991. "Learning by Doing and the Dynamic Effects of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 3577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:106:y:1991:i:2:p:369-405 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:106:y:1991:i:2:p:651-67 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpm:cepmap:9707. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stéphane Adjemian)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.