Vintage capital and the dynamics of the AK model
This paper analyzes the equilibrium dynamics of an AK-type endogenous growth model with vintage capital. The inclusion of vintage capital leads to oscillatory dynamics governed by replacement echoes, which additionnally influence the intercept of the balanced growth path. These features, which are in sharp contrast to those from the standard AK model, can contribute to explaining the short-run deviations observed between investment and growth rates time series to characterize the convergence properties and the dynamics of the model we develope analytical and numerical methods that should be of interest for the general resolution of endogenous growth models with vintage capital.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +33(0) 1 43 13 62 30
Fax: +33(0) 1 43 13 62 32
Web page: http://www.cepremap.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeremy Greenwood & Boyan Jovanovic, 2001.
"Accounting for Growth,"
in: New Developments in Productivity Analysis, pages 179-224
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jones, Charles I, 1995. "Time Series Tests of Endogenous Growth Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(2), pages 495-525, May.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Krusell, Per, 1997.
"Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 342-62, June.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1995. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9510, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1996. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," RCER Working Papers 420, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Parente Stephen L., 1994. "Technology Adoption, Learning-by-Doing, and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 346-369, August.
- Benhabib, Jess & Rustichini, Aldo, 1990.
"Vintage Capital, Investment And Growth,"
90-22, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Michael Gort & Jeremy Greenwood & Peter Rupert, 1999.
"Measuring the Rate of Technological Progress in Structures,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 2(1), pages 207-230, January.
- Michael Gort & Jeremy Greenwood & Peter Rupert, 1998. "Measuring the rate of technological progress in structures," Working Paper 9806, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Gort, M. & Greenwood, J. & Rupert, P., 1998. "Measuring the Rate of Technological Progress in Structures," RCER Working Papers 457, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & DE LA CROIX, David & LICANDRO, Omar, 2006.
CORE Discussion Papers
2006024, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Raouf, BOUCEKKINE & David, DE LA CROIX & Omar, LICANDRO, 2006. "Vintage Capital," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006014, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Raouf Boucekkine & David de la Croix & Omar Licandro, 2006. "Vintage Capital," Economics Working Papers ECO2006/8, European University Institute.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1994.
"Growth and Unemployment,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 477-94, July.
- Ellen R. McGrattan, 1998. "A defense of AK growth models," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 13-27.
- Michel, P., 1980.
"On the Transversality Condition in Infinite Horizon Optimal Problems,"
Cahiers de recherche
8024, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Michel, Philippe, 1982. "On the Transversality Condition in Infinite Horizon Optimal Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 975-85, July.
- Rebelo, Sergio, 1991.
"Long-Run Policy Analysis and Long-Run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 500-521, June.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Germain, Marc & Licandro, Omar & Magnus, Alphonse, 2001. "Numerical solution by iterative methods of a class of vintage capital models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 655-669, May.
- Kocherlakota, Narayana R. & Yi, Kei-Mu, 1995. "Can convergence regressions distinguish between exogenous and endogenous growth models?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 211-215, August.
- Kocherlakota, Narayana R & Yi, Kei-Mu, 1997. "Is There Endogenous Long-Run Growth? Evidence from the United States and the United Kingdom," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(2), pages 235-62, May.
- Patrick Asea & Paul J. Zak, 1997.
"Time-to-Build and Cycles,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
767, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1996.
"Neoclassical vs. Endogenous Growth Analysis: An Overview,"
NBER Working Papers
5844, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1996. "Neoclassical vs. endogenous growth analysis: an overview," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 41-71.
- Askenazy, Philippe & Le Van, Cuong, 1999.
"A Model of Optimal Growth Strategy,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 24-51, March.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Germain, Marc & Licandro, Omar, 1997. "Replacement Echoes in the Vintage Capital Growth Model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 333-348, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpm:cepmap:0003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stéphane Adjemian)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.