Measuring the Rate of Technological Progress in Structures
How much technological progress has there been in structures? An attempt is made to measure this using panel data on the age and rents of buildings. The data are interpreted with the help of a vintage capital model where buildings are replaced with some chosen periodicity. The results indicate there has been significant technological advance in structures that accounts for an important part of economic growth. (Copyright: Elsevier)
Volume (Year): 2 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/review.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/RED17.htm Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1992.
"Macroeconomic Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change,"
527, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Hercowitz, Z., 1992. "Macroeconomic Implication of Investment-Specific Technological Change," Papers 13-92, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Zvi Hercowitz & Per Krusell, 1992. "Macroeconomic implications of investment-specific technological change," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 76, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1995.
"Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
9510, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Krusell, Per, 1997. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 342-62, June.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1996. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," RCER Working Papers 420, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Gordon, 1990. "The Measurement of Durable Goods Prices," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gord90-1, October.
- Gordon, Robert J., 1990. "The Measurement of Durable Goods Prices," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226304557.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:issued:v:2:y:1999:i:1:p:207-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.